2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

ZZP performance tune???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:06 AM

ZZP performance tune???

Have 1 thing left to do to my SS and that's a tune. The car has the GM turbo upgrade already. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about ZZP tunes? I think its either that or Trifecta but I dont see alot of people on here talking about ZZP but they seem to be huge in the Cobalt SS crowd.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Premium Member

zzp knows what theyre doing...but i would still do some research and find a good HPT tuner
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Premium Member

I have stg-1, and Trifecta. Planning on using HP tuners next, because Vince won't tune for any modifications, well not the ones I or my customers want anyway. If you aren't going to change anything from stock others have used the trifecta canned tune happily.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:17 AM

I've been considering switching to hptuners as well. I currently have trifecta, and it am happy with the tune. Any modifications I've done Vince has been able to update my tune to accept. My only complaint with trifecta is the wait time. On average, I've probably waited 3-4 weeks for each retune.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by KyS10
I've been considering switching to hptuners as well. I currently have trifecta, and it am happy with the tune. Any modifications I've done Vince has been able to update my tune to accept. My only complaint with trifecta is the wait time. On average, I've probably waited 3-4 weeks for each retune.
Any reason you would switch to HPtuners when your happy with Trifecta?? Other than wait time?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 PM

I bought and learned HP Tuners, I'm very happy with the results.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:45 PM

I'm running a ZZP canned tune. A dyno tune would be better, but for getting it half of on Black Friday and only $75, their advertised gains of +40HP and +80TQ seemed cheap. It REALLY wakes the car up. Now I really need to get rotated trans mounts to put the power to the pavement, as the front tires hunt back and forth for traction, and the torque steer is insane right now.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by MurderMittenSS
I'm running a ZZP canned tune. A dyno tune would be better, but for getting it half of on Black Friday and only $75, their advertised gains of +40HP and +80TQ seemed cheap. It REALLY wakes the car up. Now I really need to get rotated trans mounts to put the power to the pavement, as the front tires hunt back and forth for traction, and the torque steer is insane right now.
Thanks for the info! How is the gas mileage compared before tune and after???
Old 03-10-2014, 08:12 PM

Mileage went down for a bit for the first few weeks after the tune, mostly due to my heavy right foot I'm sure. Now that I'm used to it, I'm seeing a 2-3 mpg increase overall. Last road trip I took, I averaged 34.3 MPG (manually calculated, not the DIC) with the cruise set to 75 or so over a 300 mile range. Normally I average around 27MPG with a 50/50 mix of city/ highway driving.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by fiveothis
Any reason you would switch to HPtuners when your happy with Trifecta?? Other than wait time?
No. That's about it. The product that I've gotten from Vince is great. But the customer service has left a lot to be desired. I've been told each time that it would take a week or so. Then, after a couple weeks I'll email them about it and get "we're really backed up" as a response. It's gotten increasingly hard to get any kind of eta when I send in data logs. I haven't decided for sure that I want to switch to HPtuners yet. But each time I get the run around while trying to get a retune, it makes me want to a little more.

Quick Reply: ZZP performance tune???