2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

Bosch plat+4's no good

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 04:28 PM

Exclamation Bosch plat+4's no good

well in the last week i have had my hhr into paddock twice by tow ,the first time they told me it was the ignition module i got it back.so i drove around 4 about two days and it happend again ,got it towed there again and they replaced it again and this time they told me it went because of the bosch platnum+4s now i think this is a load of bs ...has ne body else had an issue with them and what should i do with the plugs just a bit more on this when i did get it back the second time i was driving around for about an hour when my engine light came on so i drove back over to paddock and once again i am in a rental ..this time they are telling me that when they replaced my module the service tech cracked my air box and never told me about it ,,the service writer knew about it but failed to tell me about it .so end of story its sitting there waiting on parts..

Last edited by Hellraisehr; 01-29-2007 at 10:15 AM. Reason: a little more of the story
Old 01-27-2007, 04:49 PM

I have them in my 2.2L and have had no problems at all. I've had them in for about 5 months now.

I am a mechanic and there is no way that spark plugs no matter what kind would do that. there is no way they can feed back into the car and cause that.

All i can say is put your stock ones back in and see what happens to it then. If it go's again then you will know it wasnt the plugs and you can tell the shop that.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:54 PM

I gotta agree with Andrew on this.

But if you're like me the original plugs are long gone.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:56 PM

if you got rid of your stock plugs go and get some AC Delco plugs for the
2.2L ecotec engine.

Most chevys run the best with Delco plugs.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Plugs

Originally Posted by Hellraisehr
well in the last week i have had my hhr into paddock twice by tow ,the first time they told me it was the ignition module i got it back.so i drove around 4 about two days and it happend again ,got it towed there again and they replaced it again and this time they told me it went because of the bosch platnum+4s now i think this is a load of bs ...has ne body else had an issue with them and what should i do with the plugs
I agree with Andrew also. However, If you are going to get rid of them, don't throw them away, they do make good weights when fishing !!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
Most chevys run the best with Delco plugs.
Thats why the NASCAR that was sponsored by AC Delco was a Chevy.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:53 PM

When i put plugs in anything i always go with NGK's. I had a snowmobile that every time i started it i needed new plugs until i went with NGK's and they lasted until i stoped riding it a couple of years ago.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by moose-e-man
I agree with Andrew also. However, If you are going to get rid of them, don't throw them away, they do make good weights when fishing !!!!!!!
you can also make key chains with them. I have a AC Delco one on my HHR keys.

I wouldnt throw them away. Keep them and when you prove the shop wrong about the plugs just put them back in.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 AM

i also have bosch +4 four over 5000 miles no probs
Old 01-29-2007, 10:17 AM

thanks for the info im contacting bosch to see what they have to say ....probley that the dealer is full of it

Quick Reply: Bosch plat+4's no good