2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

cgs air intake system question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:00 AM

cgs air intake system question

I got a buddy at a dealership. Says the intake system DOES NOT void the warranty, however, if it trips the MAF sensor and the check engine light comes on I gotta pay the 90 bucks or so for them to reset my computer.

My question is for those who have experience with this system on a 2.2 liter ecotec (2008 panel LS).

Did it trip your maf sensor or not? Did your engine light come on after installing and running this particular intake?

Any experiences shared are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by molotov
I got a buddy at a dealership. Says the intake system DOES NOT void the warranty, however, if it trips the MAF sensor and the check engine light comes on I gotta pay the 90 bucks or so for them to reset my computer.

My question is for those who have experience with this system on a 2.2 liter ecotec (2008 panel LS).

Did it trip your maf sensor or not? Did your engine light come on after installing and running this particular intake?

Nope i never had any sort of problem
Old 02-09-2008, 10:55 AM

I have had no problem at all. I change back to "stock" when she goes in for service.
DON'T ASK DON'T TELL !!!!!!!!
have fun/ RnR/mike
Old 02-09-2008, 11:09 AM

No problems here. Even taken to dealer with it and nothing said to me about it.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:50 AM

So, do you have to oil the filter element, or is it just run dry?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:31 PM

most of the intakes on the market have oil filters. for are cars all are oiled if you think there is to much oil on the filter take a vacume and suck some up. CGS to me I don't like the looks of it. and your not geting air from the wheel well.

Last edited by intofocuszx3; 02-10-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 AM

if it does

all you have to do is disconnect the batt for a little bit and it will reset itself
Old 02-18-2008, 02:01 PM

Been running the salvaged CGS for a month and had no MAF code (or any code for that matter) arise. I'm figuring as long as the MAF isn't damaged during the transfer from the stock airbox to the CGS, it shouldn't trip a code.

(BTW, for those thinking about this intake, or who've bought one already - the stock bolts for the MAF do work in the CGS, without looking for a crazy size Allen wrench.)
Old 02-18-2008, 04:34 PM

I've had the CGS installed for about 10 months and no problem so far. My dealership said that with the aftermarket intake installed it could "technically" void the warrenty but most likely not.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:57 PM

I would say buy your own OBD II and reset it yourself...for it and any future problems.. and do your own checkout of any failed components..

Quick Reply: cgs air intake system question