Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 PM

Thumbs up very nice!!!

That is very nice!!!

SO IS THIS HHR VIDEO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm7i5_51Q8c
Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 PM

had to come back and look again........
Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 PM

sad part is......I don't think our engine compartments have the room that the G5/Cobalt/Ion's do, this may not fit in a HHR.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Applenut
sad part is......I don't think our engine compartments have the room that the G5/Cobalt/Ion's do, this may not fit in a HHR.
I have to agree. It's a tight squeeze in the G5 so it would be a really tight fit if not impossible to fit in the HHR without some modification to engine bay. It looks like a turbo is more practical for the amount of room we have.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I have to agree. It's a tight squeeze in the G5 so it would be a really tight fit if not impossible to fit in the HHR without some modification to engine bay. It looks like a turbo is more practical for the amount of room we have.

Which kinda sucks as the cost for the Hahn Cobalt kit is $3K, you can go blown for under $2K with some used parts.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

You know, I've looked under the hood of both the ION and Cobalt, and they SEEM to have the exact same front end structure as the HHR. I think the only issue would be finding a place to fit the intercooler and route the piping because of the unique facia and fenders.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 PM

I dont think anyone has ever really done a side by side that has replied here. Our group has a 2.4 cobalt AND a SC cobalt. My HHR's engine bay has SOOOOOOooOOO much more room than the other 2 its not even funny! We have done headers on all 3 cars and the HHR by far was the EASIEST to do. TONS of room compared to the other engines. Our engine bay has a trapezoidal shape, wider at the base of the windshield and narrower near the radiator. We also have about 6-8 inches from valve cover to hood. The cobalts have about 1-1.5 inches. A SC would EASILY fit in an HHR and would take up no more room than the stock intake manifold and throttle body. The heat exchanger would fit right in front of the AC condenser with NO problems at all! Its only about .5" thick!

As for turbo apps, YES the piping and intercooler mount would be difficult since the lower opening on the HHR at the bottom darn near hugs the AC condenser and leaves no room for an Air to Air intercooler.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI
I dont think anyone has ever really done a side by side that has replied here. Our group has a 2.4 cobalt AND a SC cobalt. My HHR's engine bay has SOOOOOOooOOO much more room than the other 2 its not even funny! We have done headers on all 3 cars and the HHR by far was the EASIEST to do. TONS of room compared to the other engines. Our engine bay has a trapezoidal shape, wider at the base of the windshield and narrower near the radiator. We also have about 6-8 inches from valve cover to hood. The cobalts have about 1-1.5 inches. A SC would EASILY fit in an HHR and would take up no more room than the stock intake manifold and throttle body. The heat exchanger would fit right in front of the AC condenser with NO problems at all! Its only about .5" thick!

As for turbo apps, YES the piping and intercooler mount would be difficult since the lower opening on the HHR at the bottom darn near hugs the AC condenser and leaves no room for an Air to Air intercooler.

Here's an idea.. when the 2008 SS comes out.. order a front end from Chevy.. should give that extra room...

Quick Reply: 2.4L G5 Gt supercharged video