2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Airaid intake installed on 2.4l

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 PM

Airaid intake installed on 2.4l

I just installed my new airaid CAI. I'm curious to know if anybody else has this intake and had louder(not a bad thing) engine noise after installing it. i was almost concerned at the loudness of the engine, especially when i step on it. i figured its normal, just wondering if evryone else got the same results
Old 03-10-2010, 07:47 PM

It's normal. And it's not loudness. It's music. : )
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 AM

Moving to CAI also

I'm looking forward to hearing some of that music from my O7 2.4L -5spd once I decide on which Cold Air Intake setup to buy. I bought the car used and when going over the engine components found that the previous owner or service guys had broken the front corner of the factory air filter box when trying to remove it. Not hard to do I guess it is a pretty unusual setup. Tried to repair with epoxy but that wouldn't hold, currently relying on 100 mile an hour tape to keep out the bad air. Still looking at all the possibilities but I am currently leaning towards putting together a Spectre custom with a cold air intake brought up from one or both of the fog light housings ( currently no fog lights installed on my car and those openings keep calling "ram air system" out to me. LOL ) Anyone out there put something like that together yet?
I will let you all know how my install works out when completed.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:54 AM

It's amazing to me how restricted the air is in factory systems. Helped a buddy of mine put a K$N FIPK kit on his Avalanche and the excess tubing and silencers are just rediculous. CAI's do make a lot more "noise" but they also breathe better. Happy Motoring :)
Old 04-12-2010, 10:57 AM

i wish i would have gotten a five speed. put some more power to the wheels
Old 05-04-2010, 02:48 PM

I want to buy a new air intake also, still shopping around, reading reviews and I still don't know which one I'll get. It doesn't really matter the HP it'll "gain" since it's minor, so the better sound is the better :)
The airaid seems to be a decent price and good music too, any other suggestion ?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by SmootHHR
It's amazing to me how restricted the air is in factory systems. Helped a buddy of mine put a K$N FIPK kit on his Avalanche and the excess tubing and silencers are just rediculous. CAI's do make a lot more "noise" but they also breathe better. Happy Motoring :)
I'm calling BS on that bolded, false statement in regards to the HHR!

If you want to make a statement, prove it!! Please!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by NiS[sX]mO
I want to buy a new air intake also, still shopping around, reading reviews and I still don't know which one I'll get. It doesn't really matter the HP it'll "gain" since it's minor, so the better sound is the better :)
The airaid seems to be a decent price and good music too, any other suggestion ?
Don't expect ANY gains vs. the stock intake!! It is NOT restrictive!!

If you insist on a change for "that desired sound", about your only choices are either the Air-Raid, K&N or GMPP.

If you like the "sound of power" and are willing to have a LOSS of 4 - 6 HP, go with the CGS.

Have fun!!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:41 PM

I would buy a new intake simply to get RID of the big piece of plastic on top of my engine.

Oh, and just for grins. If you want to make a statement, prove it JoeR. See how that works both ways?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR
Don't expect ANY gains vs. the stock intake!! It is NOT restrictive!!

If you insist on a change for "that desired sound", about your only choices are either the Air-Raid, K&N or GMPP.

If you like the "sound of power" and are willing to have a LOSS of 4 - 6 HP, go with the CGS.

Have fun!!
I don't expect any gain at all, it's really for the sound and the look under the hood, I think my choice will be the Airaid

Quick Reply: Airaid intake installed on 2.4l