Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.4L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/)
-   -   Thinking of going duals... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/thinking-going-duals-39627/)

Joshua022 02-27-2012 06:45 PM

Thinking of going duals...

I'm looking into running a pipe over and having the bumper professionally cut to match.

My question is should I put a muffler upline and then use a "y" to split the pipes

Or

Use a "y" and then a small muffler before each tip?

It will be either one or 2 corsa touring style mufflers off of a cobalt system.

us11csalyer 03-02-2012 03:41 PM

How about using a muffler with two exit pipes?

SmootHHR 03-02-2012 03:52 PM

Que the picture from SS Fan...

Joshua022 03-03-2012 12:26 AM

I've seen SS fan and capps022 but was wondering of the sound would change using a single muffler 1 in 2 out or two mufflers right before the tips.

I think both of their setups is 2 mufflers right before the tips.

And neither of them have put up a sound clip

SS fan 03-03-2012 04:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I made a clip doesn't sound much like it, never posted it. I did meet with Rainman, he has magnaflow single, they sounded like stereo. There are lots of clips on utube. 2 corsa touring style mufflers sounds good put them in.:thumb:

It was this guy who inspired me, Jeffery's. You have to love this tail too.

Joshua022 03-09-2012 02:15 PM

Well according to corsa they wont sell just the mufflers I want due to all the technology and what not put into them. So the only option is to buy 2 of those cobalt catbacks and hack them uP to make it fit.

#1 thatd be like 1300 before i even went to have them installed

#2 another member on here said he did the same but just one side and it was horrible inside the cabin. He called corsa and they said it wasnt designed for the hatchback style cabin so the resonance is way different than it would be in the cobalt.

So now im stuck with getting magnaflow probably, which would be fine if only I could get a good clip of one on a 2.2 or 2.4 not on one of the SS which is all youtube has.

I wish capps022 would post one of his

us11csalyer 03-09-2012 05:09 PM

I'm sorry but duel exhaust on a 4 banger is retarded.

Joshua022 03-09-2012 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by us11csalyer (Post 624779)
I'm sorry but duel exhaust on a 4 banger is retarded.

you must be retarded for thinking we are talking about true duals. Lol

Just two mufflers, mostly for looks.

us11csalyer 03-09-2012 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Joshua022 (Post 624785)
you must be retarded for thinking we are talking about true duals. Lol

Just two mufflers, mostly for looks.

Yes and still looks retarded.

SS fan 03-09-2012 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just goes to show you you can't please all the people, all the time. I hardly think the duals look retarded. What does your ass look like, us11csalyer, post a pic of your non retarded look. We can put it up for a vote. Here's my retarded car.

American & Proud 03-09-2012 08:37 PM

I was at the muffler shop first thing this morning at 8AM when they opened to have the Thrush Turbo muffler installed that I bought on Amazon.

I thought about the Pseudo "dual exhaust" treatment on my way their and decided against it.
It IS a 4 banger, fake duals isn't going to change that fact. Unless they sold a split exhaust manifold to have True Duals.

Anyone who Knows cars, a Chevy enthusiast, knows these are 4 bangers, a Turbo, or even adding a Supercharger isn't changing that.

Gives the "appearance" of dual exhaust, but without Any added Performance boost.

After I install the Supercharger, i'd rather spend the money on a larger diameter single exhaust system for more Flow.
But then again I am stuck with the BS cook county il. EPA Testing here, so can't get away with exhaust mods that others across the country can do. I'd have to swap out the exhaust system before testing then do it again next time.

If the HHR had a V-6, I'd have Duals, because then they would actually serve a real performance purpose.

NOT dis'n anyone who's done it, it's a Look that some like. :thumb:

us11csalyer 03-10-2012 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud (Post 624847)
I was at the muffler shop first thing this morning at 8AM when they opened to have the Thrush Turbo muffler installed that I bought on Amazon.

I thought about the Pseudo "dual exhaust" treatment on my way their and decided against it.
It IS a 4 banger, fake duals isn't going to change that fact. Unless they sold a split exhaust manifold to have True Duals.

Anyone who Knows cars, a Chevy enthusiast, knows these are 4 bangers, a Turbo, or even adding a Supercharger isn't changing that.

Gives the "appearance" of dual exhaust, but without Any added Performance boost.

After I install the Supercharger, i'd rather spend the money on a larger diameter single exhaust system for more Flow.
But then again I am stuck with the BS cook county il. EPA Testing here, so can't get away with exhaust mods that others across the country can do. I'd have to swap out the exhaust system before testing then do it again next time.

If the HHR had a V-6, I'd have Duals, because then they would actually serve a real performance purpose.

NOT dis'n anyone who's done it, it's a Look that some like. :thumb:

So true. Duel on a 4 banger is rice to me.

us11csalyer 03-10-2012 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan (Post 624826)
Just goes to show you you can't please all the people, all the time. I hardly think the duals look retarded. What does your ass look like, us11csalyer, post a pic of your non retarded look. We can put it up for a vote. Here's my retarded car.

I traded my hhr in for a Ford Edge SEL. It has a "high" output V6 and has duel exhaust. (Not true duel anyways.)

lunchbox 03-10-2012 09:19 AM

Hey man, if that's what you like, then go for it. I ran dual side exit exhaust for a while, and I thought it looked and sounded alright. I've since switched to a full 3" header-back single exit setup with a supercharger tho. I do plenty of mods that some people consider "retarded" :twothumbs:

SS fan 03-10-2012 09:24 AM

Post it anyway, I looked at those, thought the Sport model looked good, but for 50K, I can buy 3 HHR SS's. I'll keep my retarded station wagon. I applaud your decision to stimulate the economy by buying more fuel.:D

us11csalyer 03-10-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan (Post 624962)
Post it anyway, I looked at those, thought the Sport model looked good, but for 50K, I can buy 3 HHR SS's. I'll keep my retarded station wagon. I applaud your decision to stimulate the economy by buying more fuel.:D

I never said the HHR was retarded. I loved our HHR but with a new addition to the family I wanted something more safe for my son. Plus more cargo space and ac/heat vents for the back seat for him. I'll post picks of our Edge when my wife gets home from work.

capp002 03-10-2012 09:48 AM

josh its your car do as you please:twothumbs:i enjoy the look of my exhaust and the sound, with the header installedhttps://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil...-50-05_169.jpg

SS fan 03-10-2012 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by us11csalyer (Post 624779)
I'm sorry but duel exhaust on a 4 banger is
retarded.

So only the HHR's with a 4 banger, and dual exhaust, right ?

Don't know how the above post (Capps) looks retarded. I think it looks great, would guess it has a low growl. To each his or her own. maybe it's just me remember I drive the short bus.

us11csalyer 03-10-2012 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan (Post 624974)
So only the HHR's with a 4 banger, and dual exhaust, right ?

Don't know how the above post (Capps) looks retarded. I think it looks great, would guess it has a low growl. To each his or her own. maybe it's just me remember I drive the short bus.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't see a reason for this unless we are talking about HP gains. 4 banger from factory with duel is sometimes okay. Duel on a >200hp or economical car is retarded to me. I'd rather do in dash NAV and sync my smart phone than go duel exhaust.

BTW Capp's pic is what I would refer to as fart cans and ricing it out.

capp002 03-10-2012 10:28 AM

excuse me fart cans? i dont think so there magna flow mufflers get it rite .:twothumbs:

capp002 03-10-2012 10:32 AM

thanks ssfan:twothumbs: this clown dont know what hes looking at loooool:twothumbs:

us11csalyer 03-10-2012 11:07 AM

lol any exhaust added to an economical car is riced fart cans. Congratz on getting pricey rice.

SS fan 03-10-2012 11:33 AM

Take that Ford and ride off into the sunset, see ya !!:thumb:

Breadfan 03-10-2012 12:03 PM

I will probably buy another car someday, maybe even a Ford. But, I promise not to hate on my HHR brethren at that time. 'Rice', in the context of the HHR would be SS badges on a non-SS. I don't see how anyone can look at an HHR and not think customize. It isn't the same as putting stickers and mufflers on a Civic SX. I see it as extending what the HHR is, not making it something it isn't. I'm the type of guy that gives the thumbs up to anybody who's trying, (and isn't a d*ck) even if I don't agree with their style. *If it is done right it is not rice.* All that being said, if I had a bunch of money burning a hole in my pocket, perhaps I would do something retarded like dual pipes.

capp002 03-10-2012 12:38 PM

thanks breadfan :twothumbs: :twothumbs:

American & Proud 03-10-2012 12:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
If I did the psuedo Duals on my HHR, I would have gone the side exit route just in front of the rear tires. :thumb:

Attachment 27010

Attachment 27011

Attachment 27012

Attachment 27013

I think that looks good on them. A couple of ways it was done here, I saved the pics for future reference.

Main reason I held off, Money. :lol:

I still have a few things to get for my Supercharger install, one being a $200.00 Gauge, and buying the HPTune stuff. $600.00 or so for that.

So for now just swapping the oem muffler for a Thrush turbo for a Total of $100.00, Thrush was 30 and the muffler shop charged me 70 to install was good until after I get the supercharger in. Then I can work on doing something with it that I can do and still Pass our inspections.

Rather spend the money getting the Supercharger done first, can always tweak the exhaust system afterwards.

bigjacksauto 03-10-2012 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by us11csalyer (Post 624958)
I traded my hhr in for a Ford Edge SEL. It has a "high" output V6 and has duel exhaust. (Not true duel anyways.)

High performance v6 in a ford edge?
Now that's funny right there lol
You do really that a non ss like you had and your ford edge would be a pretty close race.
Hipo v6 in a ford edge sorry still laughing.
Btw the duals listed above look cool after all the hhr is designed to look like an old car that would have duals added on.

us11csalyer 03-10-2012 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto (Post 625050)
High performance v6 in a ford edge?
Now that's funny right there lol
You do really that a non ss like you had and your ford edge would be a pretty close race.
Hipo v6 in a ford edge sorry still laughing.
Btw the duals listed above look cool after all the hhr is designed to look like an old car that would have duals added on.

Well maybe not high output but you can't compare the HHR to the Edge. Apples and oranges anyone? I'm also confused if you're trying to compare a SS or NON-SS to the Edge.

I miss labeled my Edge to btw. Not High output but it is the SEL PLUS and not just SEL. I have heated mirrors and leather interior which was only in the SEL PLUS for 2007.

Breadfan 03-10-2012 03:49 PM

I get that you like your Edge us11csalyer, but you might get a better reception talking smack about the HHR in a Ford Edge forum. I don't think I'd have brought my old HHR 2LT to a pissing contest with your Edge. I even think the Edge is just hunky-dory. I'd buy one for the wife, she'd love it. You say apples to oranges, but for you, it isn't really about the exhaust. (this thread) Your dual exhaust is just as superfluous as dual exhaust added to the HHR. It just happens that the manufacturer did it that way for your car and added it to the end cost. (no offense, just callin' it the way I see it)

cosmic1 03-10-2012 04:01 PM

An old wise man once told me "Don't question other people's taste, because your taste is probably crap also".

One of the things I have learned in my 64 years on planet earth is you don't put down a man's woman or his car.

Breadfan 03-10-2012 04:12 PM

cosmic1 is right. I apologize if I got over-enthusiastic.

SS fan 03-10-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic1 (Post 625069)
An old wise man once told me "Don't question other people's taste, because your taste is probably crap also".

One of the things I have learned in my 64 years on planet earth is you don't put down a man's woman or his car.

ESPECIALLY de, woman.:lol:

BTW, Ford Edges are slow. :D

us11csalyer 03-10-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan (Post 625075)
ESPECIALLY de, woman.:lol:

BTW, Ford Edges are slow. :D

No really? And here I thought the Edge was faster than a GT500 lmfao. Darn!

Breadfan 03-10-2012 05:49 PM

Perhaps you could fab up a twin turbo Edge and give it a try. It'd be an awesome sleeper, eh? (Or a large grenade)

us11csalyer 03-10-2012 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan (Post 625101)
Perhaps you could fab up a twin turbo Edge and give it a try. It'd be an awesome sleeper, eh? (Or a large grenade)

Its already been done lol. Someone on the ford forum has the AWD 08 edge and is doing 500hp on stock engine.

BTW, I have no need for a turbo now. I got my merging power now.

capp002 03-10-2012 06:24 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bigjacksauto 03-10-2012 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by us11csalyer (Post 625098)
No really? And here I thought the Edge was faster than a GT500 lmfao. Darn!

OK I give why are you here posting negative posts about hhr, s
Why are you here at all I do not see where this sight can benefit you and your suv
And you certainly are not benefiting this sight from what I can see.

Do you think the edge is fast or something?
I am just confused?

capp002 03-10-2012 07:27 PM

my point exactly big jack :twothumbs:

sleeper 03-10-2012 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
us11csalyer-

go back to your ford forum. :skull1: We don't need any haters here.

You've sidetracked this thread enuff already.

843de 03-10-2012 11:53 PM

Well us11csalyer, I'm sorry your HHR didn't work out for you.

But I'm glad you found something more to your liking, so have fun with it and take care, but please leave your trolling and bashing at the front door OK.