2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

turbo install

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by DrLoch
I would question the tune. As donbrew suggested there is a clutch switch to contend with. Have you contacted trifecta ?
I do believe I said something to them about it since car didn't do it before kit was installed. I'm guessing the data log I sent them will show everything going on?
Old 08-29-2015, 02:23 PM

assUme all you like.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:19 AM
Administrator

You stated the kit did not include the ECU, so then you are using your stock ECU and your tune or the stock tune, just to clarify.
While you are waiting for your data log to be accessed, double check your work , are the ground wires connected clean and tight?
Are the pins in the wire harness connections clean and tight , no bent pins?
Is there a small vacuum leak?
Old 08-30-2015, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by cllwyrc1
I do believe I said something to them about it since car didn't do it before kit was installed. I'm guessing the data log I sent them will show everything going on?
I don't know anything about trifectas' logging capability so I can't comment. I would do what oldblue suggests, re-check everything to make sure you didn't overlook something.

In my opinion mail/internet order tunes are good for bolt on's and general performance enhancements but I believe you are way past that with your build. You might want to consider finding a tuner close by with a wheel dyno. Running the car to get the logs to send to the tuner takes time, not saying it can't be done but I've seen cases where the owner trashed the motor getting the log information because they didn't see the impending doom on a logging screen. A tuner with a dyno will see it immediately and lift....

Just a thought
Old 08-30-2015, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
You stated the kit did not include the ECU, so then you are using your stock ECU and your tune or the stock tune, just to clarify.
While you are waiting for your data log to be accessed, double check your work , are the ground wires connected clean and tight?
Are the pins in the wire harness connections clean and tight , no bent pins?
Is there a small vacuum leak?
Yes, stock ecu with tune and checking for vacuum leak today.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Administrator

I did some research into the original set up on BOB the 2006 LT the turbo was installed on by the company the was designing the install kit ( I don't want that issue discussed here please) the tune was done prior to the turbo install,but there was reference to a lean condition ,so maybe you could have a look at your MAP sensor and call CJ for a tune for your new set up.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:00 PM

- X2 Ol Blue -
I also read Bob's thread...whew

@OP,
Your statement is confusing to me. The way I'm reading it could be interpreted either way. Now we know it's a stock ECM. Now is the tune stock or not. If not, who's tune is it?

If it was previously installed in a manual and now you're using an automatic I would have to agree with Donbrew here. Your ECM is probably waiting for a clutch signal, when it doesn't get one it stalls. Probably as a safety I would "assUme!" I'm no help here because both my HHRs are automatics.

As far as your datalog on it, I'm not sure it will help much. It's only recording what you program it to. I doubt you have been watching for a clutch signal. It'll have your parameters at stall out, so maybe something there will be of help. Seems like it runs fine until your ready go.

Does it rev ok in Park/Neutral? Any service warnings on the DIC? When I did my gen 3 swap, the initial startup was no fun. I had ENG PWR REDUCED, along with whole bunch of others. The car would barely run and stalled trying to move.

Last edited by Dbeluscak; 08-30-2015 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Ol Blue is quick on the replies
Old 08-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member

I also find it odd because you have to have the clutch pedal depressed to start the car. If the car initially starts with the clutch depressed, why does the engine die the next time the pedal is used ?
Gotta be something in the programming.

And to agree with Dbeluscak, it is a little confusing because of lack of info.
Maybe the OP could add a little detail in his response posts.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Administrator

And now! Let whatever music run through your mind as we wait! Patiently of course for answers these questions.
I call dibs on the Jeopardy theme song! Or The Munsters!
Old 08-30-2015, 02:57 PM

I had The Addams Family going. Mainly because I watched some old movie a few weeks ago starring a young Carolyn Jones, hot hot hot......

Quick Reply: turbo install