2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Are U using HPT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM

Are U using HPT?

Is there anyone here who's using HPTuners to write their own ECM calibrations?

If so, what mods does your truck have?

What changes to the stock cal have you made with HPT?

What were the results of the changes?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 PM

A few of us here have tuned stock setups with bolt ons to SC/TC setups. I have been using the software for a year with my supercharged build. Without it I would be broke and dead on the road. 95% of my tune is different than stock calibrations. The one downside is the difficulty in tuning the speed density tables with the e67 pcm, though its easy to get around with a MAF tune. The software is not really as easy to learn as much as it is easy to use. If you really hunker down and research, it can be a huge advantage. The past 2 months I have had wild success and have tuned my HHR to 32mpg(highway), normal DD and awesome WOT power.

Another site to check out is cobaltss.net, as the Cobalt crew has way more people into modding/tuning. The Cobalt has the same chassis and drive train options with the exception of the LSJ.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:08 PM

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Check out the stickys they will help you go in the right direction.
It took me couple months to understand something's but when I did my hhr pulls really hard since I have tune it. I have also being help by a well know tuner on cobaltss.net and that helps big time.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by RobSSTurbo
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Check out the stickys they will help you go in the right direction.
It took me couple months to understand something's but when I did my hhr pulls really hard since I have tune it. I have also being help by a well know tuner on cobaltss.net and that helps big time.
I have the software and wasn't really looking for direction.

I'm writing some articles about using the software and was more interested in a little research in to who uses HPT in the HHR community and for what do most use it for.

I might add that after getting the software, I decided to invest additional money into the Tuning School's home study course for HPT. It was money well spent. I completely bypassed the whole "guessing" or "trial and error" stage. While the classes may seem pricey, they were well worth the cost in time saved in learning HPT.

www.thetuningschool.com
Old 12-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Well after a month or so of taking the Tuning School's classes and "practicing" with HPT on my Camaro, I've finally got around to doing a cal for my HHR.

Since my truck is not very modified...only a K&N air box, Flowmaster exhaust and colder Denso IVT-20 spark plugs...I didn't fool with the AFR at WOT but I did change how and when PE comes in, I advanced the timing at idle, changed the DFCO and the fan-on strategies.

Man...what a difference in the way the car feels during acceleration once I fussed with how PE comes on.

I posted my tune to the HPT web site. It's listed under 07 HHR w. the 2.4. The file name is HHRSharkcal03.