2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

who is looking for a intake for there HHR

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 04:57 PM

Funny you guys should say that. TPR just did a huge intake shootout disproving your theories (one of my former bosses owns this magazine).

Check out all the numbers - hp, torque, top speeds - short rams (yes - with warm air from the engine compartment!) , outperformed all the CAI's tested (from the same compamnies.)

Link to the article HERE.

It kind of changes your outlook when you see the numbers.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Funny you guys should say that. TPR just did a huge intake shootout disproving your theories (one of my former bosses owns this magazine).

Check out all the numbers - hp, torque, top speeds - short rams (yes - with warm air from the engine compartment!) , outperformed all the CAI's tested (from the same compamnies.)

Link to the article HERE.

Funny this section proves what we've been saying:

The Results (Unpublished)
Published results never tell the whole story. During the test, we found some very interesting trends. All of the short-ram type intakes suffered dramatically from heat soak when we ran the dynos back to back. What does this mean? In the real world of stoplight-to-stoplight confrontations, performance on cars equipped with a short ram intake may begin to drop off as underhood temperatures rise. With the cold air systems, the horsepower results were much closer (within a half of horsepower instead of one to three horsepower.)
Old 01-27-2006, 07:28 PM

I just looked at what the peak number were for some of the tests it was about 50/50 for thw ones I looked at which version performed better. The K&N CAI performed better than the K&N short ram as did a couple of others. I won't buy a product based off of dyno numbers, theres too many ways to inflate the numbers all a dyno is is a tuning tool, the peak numbers mean nothing.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

It doesn't change my outlook one bit. I know colder air is better for my engine.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:50 PM

ok i am testing it now still working out the bugs but what is the avg. speed that everyone hhr is done and the avg. gas milage to the tank.

thanks phillip
Old 01-29-2006, 12:04 AM

There is no "average" - it varies widely depending on each user's driving habits.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Banned

There is no "average" - it varies widely depending on each user's driving habits.
I agree. In my case I have had my HHR up to about 115 MPH but generaly drive about 80 or 90 if the kids aren't in the car but that all changes when the kids are with me. I follow all laws and speed limits with them in the car. I'm on the low end of the average milage, I average about 21 MPG (21.2 on my DIC right now). I'm pretty sure not everyone drives like me so you'll get some very different answers.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:15 AM

ok well i am still testing it and i will get some pic's and pricing and info on everything. Captian howdy you drive like me and with this intake i have seen an big change in gas mileage.

thanks phillip
Old 01-30-2006, 06:58 PM

intake

I'm interested for sure.Any idea on the cost?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by flyhhr
...with this intake i have seen an big change in gas mileage.
What about mixture ratio? Have you seen a big change in that?
I'll bet its running a lot leaner now.

Quick Reply: who is looking for a intake for there HHR