Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust
View Poll Results: Interested in Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps?
Yes!
47.54%
No
34.43%
More info needed before making final decision
18.03%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

*Feeler* Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:19 PM

*Feeler* Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

I will post this is another sub forum as well.

How many would be interested in a set of mirror caps for their HHR that are overlaid in carbon fiber(will be referring to CF from now on)?

I am currently talking with someone who does this professionally. I have worked with him before on a set of trim pieces in my previous car. The work is top notch. I work with CF on a daily basis and I had concerns about the corners and bends. I was worried that the weave would bunch up and look bad. When I received my set I was amazed at how awesome it looked. Without any stretch it was easily a 15 out of 10, yes.

This is not a cheap CF sticker. This is actual CF weave applied to the parts, then covered in top quality resin. The final results are outstanding.

Posted below is an example of the work. This is his actual work on a mirror cap.

I am here trying to gauge the interest in a product like this. Possible color choices could be standard CF, silver, red, blue, and yellow.

If interested please let me know by posting or PM. Price not set yet, but know that as any group buy, the more people who buy, the lower the price.
Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2008, 09:23 PM

Interested, but would have to see the price first. CF looks great when done right and in the right amount.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:30 PM

I'd be more interested in some proper molded or wrapped interior peices. But count me in.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
I'd be more interested in some proper molded or wrapped interior peices. But count me in.
Mirror caps are just the start, think bowties and interior too.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:27 PM

i posted in the other thread for this, count me in. i love the look of CF and wouldn't mind some tastefully applied CF throughout the car, mirrors, bowties, various interior stuff, etc. whatever he is willing to do for us, i'd love to see and would likely buy most of it!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 PM

I'd really be interested in some smaller mirrors!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Yonash
i posted in the other thread for this, count me in. i love the look of CF and wouldn't mind some tastefully applied CF throughout the car, mirrors, bowties, various interior stuff, etc. whatever he is willing to do for us, i'd love to see and would likely buy most of it!
PM me a list of everything and anything you want done in CF and I will pass it on. No promises but he can do pretty much anything. Just remember the more corners, bends and turns, the more money due to those things taking more time.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
PM me a list of everything and anything you want done in CF and I will pass it on. No promises but he can do pretty much anything. Just remember the more corners, bends and turns, the more money due to those things taking more time.
Bowties, SS Inlays, the long peice of silver trim in the door below the armrests, and the center stack would be a great start. I know the center stack will be difficult to do right, but I'll pay for good work.

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
I'd really be interested in some smaller mirrors!
Yes, definitely. I don't know why they put those giant mirrors out there. The wind noise is killer. I've actually thought about going to some GT mirrors to reduce drag and quiet things down. The darn sunroof is loud enough.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM

Im in for some quality carbon accessories!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
Bowties, SS Inlays, the long peice of silver trim in the door below the armrests, and the center stack would be a great start. I know the center stack will be difficult to do right, but I'll pay for good work.

Yes, definitely. I don't know why they put those giant mirrors out there. The wind noise is killer. I've actually thought about going to some GT mirrors to reduce drag and quiet things down. The darn sunroof is loud enough.
Center stack shouldn't be to difficult to do. That's also one of the things I was talking with him about. About the silver trim. The door pieces are definitely possible. The only problem would be the window trim, since that has some sharp angles that might be pretty difficult. I try to send him some pics and see what he thinks about that, if so then a complete transformation from silver trim to CF would be possible.

Edit: Take note that I meant to say center stack SHOULDN'T be difficult to do.

Last edited by Chevy SS; 10-09-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Quick Reply: *Feeler* Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps