Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

1268 days later....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 06:33 PM

1268 days later....

First door ding. Some idiot at my duaghter soccer practice can't open their door. Drivers side rear door. But that's ok Mr. gold colored new Dodge 1500 ext cab truck. You were there tonight, I'm sure you will be there again next Thrusday, with luck on Tuesday, even better if you have a game on Saturday. We will have a chat. Who ever opened your passenger door needs to learn how to do so. You will get the PDR bill. If you fail to do so...... Lucky for you I believe I can buff out the rest. How do I know it was not there before? I just washed it and you were the only other vehicle that was parked nexted to me except the nice 4x4 that took 2 spaces to park and was 6 feet from me that took the space after you.

I'll see you soon.........
Old 03-25-2010, 07:00 PM

Deep breaths.....Deep breaths......

Feel better?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by mongo
Deep breaths.....Deep breaths......

Feel better?
Sure it's just a car but I can sympathize with what the op is feeling. It's happened to me twice at work - one by my General Manager and one by a coworker. Both these idiots drive cars that they don't deserve to own they never wash there car, have dents and scratches all over the place. I 've had words with the coworker to the effect that "just because you don't care about your own doesn't mean you should disrespect other people's property"

Now with regards to speaking to my GM..lets say I still need my job
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 PM

Mine got nailed by debris in a windstorm...two nice deep dents in the passenger side quarter panel. It will cost me $500 to fix.

But even if it was due to another's negligence, I doubt I would confront them. Sure, I'd be mad, but nothing good ever comes from an angry confrontation. Even if you could go in guns ablazin' It probably would not change the offender's attitude or ways.

I used to be angry a lot, my 'looks' tend to keep people at bay (one does not get the nickname mongo without reason), but in the end I found that live and let live is a much better way to go.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 PM

i've got paint chips everywhere but my first Ding is right by the grill and from what i can tell was from one big a$$ bug. Since I had to clean the bug off and found the dent. Either that or he picked a very bad place to die, since i blame him.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 AM

I am always leary of door dings, but since the PDR revolution. I don't worry about it.

One thing you can try is to catch the PDR guy on the lot, or talk to the used car manager. you could probably arrange to have the work done when he is on the lot and get a discount
Old 03-26-2010, 05:35 AM

This isn't a round ding, it's about 4-5" tall and 2-3" long from the door drag. This individual and I will have a chat. I will imagine that they had their kid there for scoccer practice same as me. I can imagine who opened the door.

About a year or so ago, my daughter opened her door and it barely touched the car next to us, no damage. But she got an earfull of what she did and she had to appologize to the owners for what she did. She will learn to respect her's and other's properties. A trait sadly lost with most these days.

I have no problem with confrontation, problaby part of that 20+ year military career. I know what truck did this. During the week, my car is only parked at home, work, or the soccer field. The first two it is impossible to have this happen with where I park. The direction of the damage shows the door was opening towards the front of mine, he was backed in, same as me.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM

Yeah my son did that when he 10, left a noticeable ding in the rear door of a sentra. I thought about what it would feel like if it was my car, so I left a note. Cost ~$300, but my conscience is clear and the boy learned a lesson.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:15 PM

Door dings do suck......

......but if someone ever came up to me and said " last week you were parked next to me and you dinged my door. I know it was you cause I washed my car earlier in the day, and oh BTW here is the bill for you to pay for the PDR. And if you fail to do so........"

I'm pretty sure after I was done laughing at you, I'd tell you to F off.

But that's just me.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by HiggySS
Door dings do suck......

......but if someone ever came up to me and said " last week you were parked next to me and you dinged my door. I know it was you cause I washed my car earlier in the day, and oh BTW here is the bill for you to pay for the PDR. And if you fail to do so........"

I'm pretty sure after I was done laughing at you, I'd tell you to F off.

But that's just me.
OUCH!!

Quick Reply: 1268 days later....