Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

17'' High Polished Alluminum wheel care

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 08:31 AM

17'' High Polished Alluminum wheel care

Need some suggestions
I have the 17'' high polished forged Alluminum wheels and would like to know what kind of Polish or cleaner i should use.
Thankyou
Don
Old 12-09-2006, 08:50 AM

You have the same rims I have. What I use is Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner, and then a coat of NXT Tech Wax. Really brings out the shine, and the cleaner is safe for clear coated wheels, and does a great job of desolving road grime and such. Just make sure you use a microfiber cloth or somthing very soft, becouse they will scratch, and swirl marks are easy to see. No matter what you do , you will get some scatches from driving (at least I have) and the wax helps to cover those up.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:07 AM

Thankyou for the information
I use Meguires products also but didn't know what to use on the Wheels.
I've been using Meguiars NXT generation Tech Wax Paste on the Painted surfaces and it gives a deep shine, Seems to make the color a little darker.
But i didn't know you could use the NXT on the wheels.
Thanks again
Don
Old 12-09-2006, 09:17 AM

I thought it was a bit odd at first to wax the rims also, until I found out they were clear coated. I learned if you use harsh cleaners or scrub your rims it can take the clear coat off, and your rims won't be protected. Thats the way it was explained to me anyway. Here is a pic of one of my wheels after cleaning and waxing.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:24 AM

Looks good
Thats what i'm going to use.
Thanks
Don
2006 2LT Dark Silver Metalic (orderd from factory)
Born Feb 16 2006
Picked up March 8 2006
Old 12-09-2006, 09:30 AM

Hey Don
Great Infor you gave Battista, I do the same when the weather is nice, You know we will do almost anything just to keep our rides looking good. I have done more to keep my HHr looking good them I ever had on any of my rides that I ever had. Don't get me wrong I kept them clean but Man, we really go out of our way with our HHr's (I was told that it's because of the HHr Style)What color is your Pinstrip was it on when I seen you , I can't remember.
Have a nice day and enjoy the weather.

Rudy
Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member

Hey guys...

You do know NOT to use chrome polish on THESE wheels....right?

I clean, seal and wax my wheels every tire rotation. I also do a heavy coat of wax on the inside of the wheel which helps keep dirt and brake dust to a minimum. Essentially just a power spray with the hose and wipe dry keeps them looking good.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:21 AM

I'm going to use the Meguires NXT Generation wax on my wheels, Same thing i use when i wax our HHR.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hey guys...

You do know NOT to use chrome polish on THESE wheels....right?

I clean, seal and wax my wheels every tire rotation. I also do a heavy coat of wax on the inside of the wheel which helps keep dirt and brake dust to a minimum. Essentially just a power spray with the hose and wipe dry keeps them looking good.
Yup, treat them just like any of the other painted surfaces. a good cleaning the wax! Chrome cleaner will ruin the finish.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:31 PM

The Meguairs NXT wax is fantastic, it does a great job on my black...and when used with all of the rest of the Meguairs stuff that I have the black really loos good...I guess I am a fan of the Meguairs stuff !!!

Quick Reply: 17'' High Polished Alluminum wheel care