Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Anyone install something like these?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Anyone install something like these?

http://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips

Outside the headlight housing?

Where did you put them?

Pics?

Wired to?

Looking to maybe add some to my HHR to add a little style if I can. I do not want to take apart my light housing and just looking for something that I can maybe simply wire to my DRLs or turn signal lamps so that they are on most of the time.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:31 AM

Cool Not yet ...

Cause they havent delivered my car yet ! however ...

I have three at the moment , bearing in mind that I am going with the trippy gothic hearse thinggy ...one is going inside the hood behind the grill and wired to the headlights ...the idea is to give it a subdued "glow " in the engine compartment ,

the next will go in the back behind the hatches rubber seal and wired to the internal lights so when the hatch is open they shine outwards ...

final one across the back fender wired to brake lights so it glows when we stop ...

Now here was another thought too ...to install one INSIDE each of the front door panels ... wired to the internal lights so that when the doors are opened or internal lights are turned on the door glass glows red ...
Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 AM

Ohhh yea ...

And thought about doing one along the base inside the glovebox dash thinggy to sublight my phone/gps ...which is where i KEEP THEM and wire it to the headlights ...just not sure if it will have a negative visual effect with glare on the instrument screens ...still pondering that one ...

Just FYI too ...I have a skull and bones plate frame where the eyes light up ...decided to wire that into the rear window brake on the hatch so they light up on stopping ( frankly I dont think you can ever give too much of a clue to some of these idiot motorists )

I think in considering the whole scheeme I first considered the dificulty of wiring , how hard and where is my power contact points , plastic retainerclips are a PITA but I have a ready supply and some of the guys at the safelite shop are really good and willing to help ...

Second was safety ...Like Greybeard said in one of my threads ...looking "Cool" in a death trap is not desireable. If it glares off mirrors or interior glass then xnay on the ightslay ... and third

The law ...I love ground effects lighting too ...but in many states its illegal I figure I'm pushing my luck with the red lights under the hood because I could get snagged due to the color (red being a safety indicator for a rear end of a vehical ... amber for signals and hazzards...white for reverse etc.

Need to research if I can install them and use a kill switch for states and times its illegal
Old 10-14-2010, 05:52 AM

Yeesh

yea chatty this AM

under headlight housing might be cool if you wire them to the turnsignal on each side ...BUT ...from what all our club mates are saying anything with the front lights are a Giant PITA ...but still nothing is ever acomplished by anyone who never tries right?