Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

can you "tint" chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 PM

can you "tint" chrome?

I've been looking at my HHR since i got her, and ive been trying to think if some things that might look kind of cool.

Can you "tint" chrome?

what I mean my that is, is there a way to color the chrome accents, while retaining the brightness and luster?

I dont want to just paint it... but add a little flavor to it.

I've also been looking for a hayes manual for the 06 HHRs, and I cant find them anywhare.. anyone else have any leads on service manuals? I know they are mechanically the same as as a Cobalt, but Id rather have one for the HHRs, for body, interior, wiring specific stuff.

Thanks

Sunbound
Old 06-10-2008, 03:54 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by sunbound
I've also been looking for a hayes manual for the 06 HHRs, and I cant find them anywhare.. anyone else have any leads on service manuals? I know they are mechanically the same as as a Cobalt, but Id rather have one for the HHRs, for body, interior, wiring specific stuff.

Thanks
Check this thread for Helms manual........

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/shop-service-manuals-out-2742/
Old 06-10-2008, 04:09 PM

Thanks...

any info on the cheap $30 jobbies?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2008, 05:53 PM

Ive done this on computer cases using "Metalcast" spray cans. Not too expensive, but I would try on something else first before messing with my precious HHR. Maybe someone with a homemade 3-bar grille has some scraps.