Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Car care products - Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Car care products - Any suggestions?

OK, here's my arsenal. I'm open to suggestions as to anything better, but please explain why you think your substitute is better. I think its obvious what the products are used for.

Old 05-24-2006, 06:51 PM

I'm seriously considering getting one of the Mr. Clean spot free carwash kits. $50.00 for the kit and when the supplies with it are gone, I can just use whatever carwash soap in it. It's gotta be cheaper than going through the car wash every week.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:23 PM

I've been using Meguire's wax......just because I think it gives a better shine. Mother's carnauba wax isn't bad either. I'm no expert, and mine doesn't look like I just got it off the showroom floor, but I keep all my vehicles nice. (Wait a minute....my HHR has been in the shop since May 1)
Old 05-24-2006, 08:24 PM

Meguiar's Gold Class:

I also use their "Quik Detailer" spray for touch-ups.
Love that shine!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Deceased

www.clearkote.com Everette is a forum member and great guy
tell him CJ sent you
i can use Meguires nxt detailer or regular and quick shine,, equivalent and the quick shine cleans better, shines deeper and is slicker feeling for around the same money

just try his stuff
Old 05-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

Throw most of it away and use mainly Meguiars products. Your HHR will thank you!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:43 PM

Tried that Mr.clean thing, just did`nt seem to work as advertized, still had to dry Cruck.Now I use a Cycle Dry unit to blow the water out of body seams and gasketed areas. Not perfect but beats getting on the freeway to dry !!!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Low Tone
I'm seriously considering getting one of the Mr. Clean spot free carwash kits. $50.00 for the kit and when the supplies with it are gone, I can just use whatever carwash soap in it. It's gotta be cheaper than going through the car wash every week.
Hate to bust your bubble, but the soap is special, it is made so that the rinse water won't "bead" up when you switch to rinse mode. Even with a freshly waxed car, the rinse water won't bead up with that system, that's the way the fluids are designed to work. There is alcohol in the soap. That's so that the water will dry with no spots (in addition to the water being filtered), and that's why they say you have to buy their soap. I've tried it. It's OK, but a little gimmicky, I just went back to washing the old fashioned way.

Edit: Sure, you can use your own soap in it for convenience, but it won't dry the same way, you will need to chamois the water off.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by MikeX
Hate to bust your bubble, but the soap is special, it is made so that the rinse water won't "bead" up when you switch to rinse mode. Even with a freshly waxed car, the rinse water won't bead up with that system, that's the way the fluids are designed to work. There is alcohol in the soap. That's so that the water will dry with no spots (in addition to the water being filtered), and that's why they say you have to buy their soap. I've tried it. It's OK, but a little gimmicky, I just went back to washing the old fashioned way.

Edit: Sure, you can use your own soap in it for convenience, but it won't dry the same way, you will need to chamois the water off.

Thanks for the tip.
I will most likely pass on it then.

The Quick Shine from ClearKote that CJ posted definately has my interest, however. One finish product to do everything?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:22 PM

I use Meguiars on mine. I do the the Mr clean system. I only use the spot free rinse. Here is Az the water is hard and no matter how fast you work it start to dry before your done. Yes you have to still dry the car but the spot free rinse help alot.

Quick Reply: Car care products - Any suggestions?