Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Chrome Bling?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM

Chrome Bling?

Anyone use the Chrome Covers on the Door Handles,Mirrirs, Lights etc? How do they look? Good or like stick ons?. Ive also seen Metal Chrome door handles,how hard is it to change them?
Thanks

Rich
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM

I also have been interested in this, I planned on ordering the Door handles but have not gotten around to it yet. from what i understand they are applied by 3M tape and work fine as long as you take care of them, keeping them clean and protected from UV. But I am concerned about the thickness and how well they will hold up. Let me know if you find out anything mre.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Premium Member

im not a fan, makes it look cheap
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM

They are stick-ons, which means they look exactly like stick-ons, which in turn makes them look cheap
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 AM

Your best bet is to get the chrome handles and just swap them out. They will last longer than just stick on plastic ones.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Your best bet is to get the chrome handles and just swap them out. They will last longer than just stick on plastic ones.
Thats what I am thinking, they are not that much more. I wonder if they sell metal inside door handles. From what I read here they break alot!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Radco
Thats what I am thinking, they are not that much more. I wonder if they sell metal inside door handles. From what I read here they break alot!
Only if you use it to close the door insted of the proper handle.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by dr_fosg8
Only if you use it to close the door insted of the proper handle.
Im pretty good about being carefull :) but my grand sons may not be lol.......Im also looking into replacement Chrome Mirrors, Thanks everyone for your replies!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:08 PM

Chrome looks great depending on hhr color and one's opinion.

There are no full chrome door handles, only the covers or the GM OEM black chrome handles for the exterior. About 170 for all 4. They are chromed on about 70% of the handle and black on the part facing the body.

I have chrome headlight trim which I don't like now, I'll be replacing with aftermarket headlamp kit.

I have the chrome ABS plastic taillight trim, I love that look. Goes well with the real Stainless Steel rear license plate frame.

I have a high quality stainless gas door cover that looks great, actual real steel with very powerful 3M type adhesive.

My hhr came with the OEM chromes handles and mirrors so I'm not sure of the quality of the covers. If you give a crap about your hhr taking care of any chrome add-ons should not be an issue. But be careful how much you chrome out, it can make your hhr look trashy.

Some go the other route and either go all black or white, rims, light covers, emblems, ect. Both look horrible in my opinion but that's what it's all about, customizing it to the way you want it.

But to your original question, no, most chrome add-ons don't look cheap, too many may though.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM

There is a company called Putco that makes stick on plastic items. I don’t know if they make anything for your HHR but I have used there parts on two of my trucks and they don’t look cheep and in fact they really look good and the 3M Tape really sticks and is not an issue.

Quick Reply: Chrome Bling?