Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Custom Headlights w/ LED Angel Eyes & LED Audi DRL

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:38 PM

you would need an accesory power source like the radio, either that or your only other option would be to tie them into your side markers.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Double0
I'm trying to find a way to just have the LEDs come on when I turn the car on.
What about wiring in place of DRLs
Old 07-21-2010, 11:00 PM

DRLs are controlled by the BCM, and the voltage travels along the same line that drives the lo/high beams for the lights. So, if you were to do that you would not have any headlights. If you were to splice into them and hook them up(which is what I think he already did) the headlights be on at the same time as the LEDs with no way of isolating one from the other. If he were to tap into the side marker lights they would be on only when the side markers are lit. If he were to tap into an accesory fuse they would come on all by themselves when the key is put in the ignition and turned one click. They however WOULD NOT come on with the rest of the lights if he engaged the remote start. That was why I am recommending taping into the side marker lights. If the side marker lights are LEDs also there would be almost no worry about current draw.

On a side note, since I have an LS and you have to have LT BCM to make the fog lights work, I am going to get the OEM fog lights and put them in but run LED bulbs for the low current draw. Then I am going to use LEDs for the turn blinkers and side marker lights, tie the side markers in with the turn blinkers completly, and use the side marker lights for the LED fog lights.

<EDIT> The last sentence should have read

Then I am going to use LEDs for the turn blinkers and side marker lights, tie the side markers in with the turn blinkers completly, and use the side marker lights wirringfor the LED fog lights.

Last edited by Talvanos; 07-22-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-22-2010, 03:41 PM

OIC... side markers then... agreed.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:17 AM

what size angel eyes did you use
Old 07-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 06SILVERLT
what size angel eyes did you use
the 80mm
Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM

I figured it out this weekend. I ran a wire through the fire wall and got switched power from my "sun roof". The DRL only come on the key is in.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 PM

That would work too.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 AM

Another light wiring question / thought

Those Angel Eyes look awesome! I was wondering if those were available for HHR on my way home last night - my search led me to this thread.

Regarding the alternate wiring ideas... Two questions / ideas for you all.
My 2010 LT1 does not have the factory fog lights, nor does it have the switch in the dash. Not sure if it has the fog light indicator on the instrument panel, or the control module to make it all work like factory. I'll likely go with the idea of wiring some LED fogs into the "running light" (side marker lights) switch/wiring. So I guess that means linking the actual side markers to the turn signals. I wonder if there is simple circuit or blinker module that will make them blink alternately rather than together. Meaning rather than having the turn signal and the side marker blink at the exact same time, they alternate. Of course I could just run some fog lights old school, with a rocker switch on the dash somewhere...

Similar thought to wanting the Angel Eyes, or LED running lights to come on when the car is started without the headlights - I would also like to have some lights come on under the running boards after using the remote start - or when the remote unlock is pushed (approach lighting) - but the trick is to have them turn off when the key is in. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Banned

So, um. I am interested, but how much for a pair Double0?

Quick Reply: Custom Headlights w/ LED Angel Eyes & LED Audi DRL