Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 07:11 AM

Dash Kit

I recently purchased and installed a Woodview Formed Dash Kit. I went with the English Burlwood, I have the cashmere & leather interior. The color combo, did come out great. What made me go this direction, is the Chevy Impala commerical, the one showing a small deer, runing inside a Impala's interior that is cashmere colored with woodgrain dash, very classy looking.

Not trying to step on any toes, but I did look all over the net, found several vendors that supplied the Woodview Dash Kit, went with the lowest available price currently available ($168 plus shipping), current Holiday special. It was quickly shipped and everything was as advertised and a quality kit. The supplier I used is Carxccesory.com.

Installation, was fairly simple, just need to take your time. Two people installing helps, some of the larger pieces around radio, get a little tricky. I will post pictures soon.

Later!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Banned

I cant wait to see it! I thought about putting one on my HHR but I was kind of unsure about how it would look, especialy around the center air vents and the gauge cluster. I had a burlwood interior kit on my Mustang and it probably looked alot like your HHRs interior because I had tan leather. It was definitely a nice combo.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:46 AM

Is it a stick on kit or a dipped kit? I personally can't stand the stick on kits, after a while pieces always start falling off. The dipped kits look good.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:55 AM

"Woodview's Formed Dash Kit is a superior alternative to a traditional laminate flat dash kit. They are similar to flat dashes by covering flat or slightly curved surfaces. Instead of laser cut material topped with a polyurethane dome coat, the kits are vacuumed-formed which shapes the dash material around thin, precision-cut molds. This allows the material pattern to be at the surface of the kit and to follow the beveled edges of all the cut-outs. This gives the dash kit a true OEM look. All finishes are superior in hue, color, shine and depth. Made from high-gloss, UV protected laminate. Factory match colors are exact because Woodview sources the same materials used by the auto makers and employs the same basic manufacturing process. All kits are guaranteed to last for as long as you own your vehicle and is backed by an industry leading Lifetime Warranty. Comes with easy-to-follow instructions and installs with OEM-approved 3M adhesive. Please review the Kit Diagram to match your vehicle configuration."

Yes this is their marketing gargon!! It is a stick-on kit & adhesive kit, but does not have a stick-on appearance. Time will tell, if there are problems with it coming off. They adhere really strong, during installation. As far as what is available now and price, I believe it is a decent up-grade, as stated before the wood appearnce goes with my interior color, and is similar to how Chevy has the Impala interior setup. Tan(cashmere) with wood finish. Pictures coming soon!!

http://www.chevrolet.com/impala/photogallery/

Go to interior pictures, far right dash picture, enlarge for closer view. My HHR's interior is similar, same colors with the wood accents.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:43 AM

I just like the dip kits better. No chance of it ever falling off and it looks factory since the whole piece is done.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:51 AM

What is a "dip kit" and who makes them?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by JoeR
What is a "dip kit" and who makes them?
It is similar, except the factory trim peices are dipped into whatever finish you want, carbon fiber, wood, etc. When done they fit the same as they did originally and the entire piece is covered. Unkliek the stick on kits which just cover up part of the piece and tend to fall off after time. I have a hook-up with a place that does dip kits, they'll actually dip whatever I want, if I decide to go that route all post up pics of the finished product.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:35 PM

Posted some pictures of the installed dash kit in the gallery. Still have not mastered, attaching to a thread. Go to Gallery, to see some of the pictures of the dash.

So far, I have done the dash, did the 3rd brake light conversion to "HHR", and added a flamed license plate frame (billet).

Soon will, tint front windows (with some flame work), and soon to be lowered...

Thanks Guys & Gals,
Later,
Mark
Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Banned

Here you go:

It doesn't look that bad. I wouldn't put it on my HHR though. Maybe if there wasn't as many gaps in it. That always bothered me about the kit I had on my Mustang. It looks about the same kind of.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Here you go:

It doesn't look that bad. I wouldn't put it on my HHR though. Maybe if there wasn't as many gaps in it. That always bothered me about the kit I had on my Mustang. It looks about the same kind of.

Thats why I prefer the dip kits.

Quick Reply: Dash Kit