Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Does anyone have the GM door sill plate?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Banned

Question Does anyone have the GM door sill plate?

I thought about buying a set of the GM HHR Door sill plates but I'm kind of leery because the list the color as black so I'm afraid they will end up as cheap plastic. I don't want to buy some cheap plastic ones when I'm pretty sure at some point an aftermarket company will make billet ones. If anyone has them could you please post a pic so I can see what the look like?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:30 AM

Crome would be more appealing. I'm sure they will be out soon.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Banned

billet = aluminum Most billet is clear or bright anodized not chromed. It's not imposible to chrome plate aluminum but its more expensive and harder for the plating to take. One of the things I do at my job is outsourcing our parts for plating to our various vendors. I only work with one company that is willing to chrome plate aluminum. We used to have two but the one company stopped doing it because it proved to be to much of a pain in the a**.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:24 PM

Billet door sill plates are one of the items we are trying to have custom made.
Still looking for a vendor. Stay tuned...
Old 11-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Banned

I thought about coming up with a bunch of custom billet parts for my HHR. I don't think I could get my shop to partake in such a small job, but I think I could get some of my buddies to do it for me in their off time. If there was enough of a demand maybe I could work something out with my shop. It would have to be high volume for my shop to touch it because we make products for 40 different Fortune 500 companies including government subcontracts, medical, and transportation. You name it and my companies got there hands in it.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:50 PM

Nice to you get any cool stuff from these compaines?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Banned

No. There is nothing worth keeping, all useless parts to me. Some of my buddies are pretty damn good machinest though and our shop supervisor will let them use the machines off the clock for personal use. I had a few things made for my Mustang, nothing major. Some of the stuff we make is pretty cool, like the government stuff. Our major project going though the shop now is for Evergreen Solar. We make the machines to make their solar panels. Some of the other names you might recognize is DuPont, Lockheed Martin, ASML, Textron, Johnson & Johnson, Alstom, GM, the list goes on. We used to be major suppliers for Xerox but have severed ties. My company is the largest privately owned machine shop in Rochester. I am the shipping and receiving supervisor for two of our three main buldings. I also handle the plating outsourcing.

Last edited by captain howdy; 03-18-2006 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Banned

SoCal, if you have blueprints already worked out I can probably turn you on to one of the smaller shops in my area that we farm work out to. Unless you are trying to find a good machine shop in your area we have some of the best shops to offer here in N.Y..
Old 11-12-2005, 05:16 AM

The GM sill plates are a metallic Vinyl self adhesive product. I have them and don't like the look or the price. Be interested in an actual aluminum or stainless plate if you make one (set)
Old 11-12-2005, 06:56 AM

Would the Set be for all 4 door's for just the front two

Quick Reply: Does anyone have the GM door sill plate?