Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Fog Light Harness

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 PM

Fog Light Harness

My HHR did not come with the fog light option. Does anyone know if the harness is already installed at the factory, and would be ready to connect to if I install these lights?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:15 PM

My dealer told me it was there, the harness and the connectors but after unwrapping the harness from the headlights to the engine compartment it is not there. The parts guy insists that there is only 1 forward lighting harness for the HHR. However they have never installed factory fogs at the dealership, they sent it out to a local shop who wired them. There is an extensive factory fog light install thread here just try the search feature.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:18 PM

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/do-yourself-factory-fogs-637/
See if this helps.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:32 PM

Thanks.....
Old 12-06-2007, 12:07 AM

just put my switch in tonite, although im confused because the switch doesnt have a locked position like the hazards do, im worried i got a bad switch, can anyone with the fog lighs let me know does the switch lock down like the hazards switch does or is it just a push button type?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by rebel8ball
just put my switch in tonite, although im confused because the switch doesnt have a locked position like the hazards do, im worried i got a bad switch, can anyone with the fog lighs let me know does the switch lock down like the hazards switch does or is it just a push button type?
The switch does not lock down....it is a momentary switch, and in order for that switch to work correctly you need to get the BCM reprogrammed by the dealer....Regards
Old 12-06-2007, 09:24 AM

thanks much rude, i knew i needed to reprogram, just was worried it was a bad switch... woo hoooooo one step closer to havin the spyder lights set up...lol
Old 12-06-2007, 03:33 PM

Like your avitar.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:26 PM

The Mystery continues...

Ok, this is getting wierd now.

I put on factory fogs a while back, but still had to wire them in. My dealer insisted the wires and connectors were there. As I stated earlier in the thread I looked all over the drivers side and couldn't find anything. So I bought and aftermarket fog light harness off ebay for the HHR. It is well made and comes complete with a lighted switch. It completely by-passes the BCM and the need to have it reflashed.

I went to install the harness today and started on the passenger side, but wait what is this? a wire routed almost straight to the fog light with a plug on the end of it. ???

Could it be???

Not so fast.... Plug vs Bulb

So I stopped in my tracks and am trying to figure this one out.
Are there any GM insiders that could shed some light on the forward lighting harness and adding the fogs at the dealership level? It can't be that hard to do, there must be a service guide to doing it. I know all about the install thread but there has to be an easier way.

Last edited by TkHHR; 02-03-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Ok, this is getting wierd now.

I put on factory fogs a while back, but still had to wire them in. My dealer insisted the wires and connectors were there. As I stated earlier in the thread I looked all over the drivers side and couldn't find anything. So I bought and aftermarket fog light harness off ebay for the HHR. It is well made and comes complete with a lighted switch. It completely by-passes the BCM and the need to have it reflashed.

I went to install the harness today and started on the passenger side, but wait what is this? a wire routed almost straight to the fog light with a plug on the end of it. ???

So I stopped in my tracks and am trying to figure this one out.
Are there any GM insiders that could shed some light on the forward lighting harness and adding the fogs at the dealership level? It can't be that hard to do, there must be a service guide to doing it. I know all about the install thread but there has to be an easier way.
Looking at that middle photo, I'd guess that's the outside air temp sensor.

Quick Reply: Fog Light Harness