Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

fog lights on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:07 PM

fog lights on ebay

has anyone bought the plug & play lights from ebay ,was wondering just how good they were in quality & how long it took to get them...
Old 03-23-2008, 06:06 PM

I just bought the Autopia lights off ebay with the 7 different colored halos to replace the Hella Angel Eyes. Havent gotten them in yet though. The Hellas got hit with a stone and went right through the glass lens. Before I install them, I'm gonna try to make a mesh kind of cover so it doesn't happen again but the lights look durable and just as easy to install as the Hellas.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:40 PM

I got the factory style fog lights off of ebay, they were easy as can be to install. The only problem i ran into was the color of the wire harness, they were bright yellow and i wanted it to look factory. I wired the provided harness to a constant 12v and didn't use the 12v into the switch. With the switch i used a switched 12v source and now it doesn't run my battery dead.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:42 AM

I bought the Autopia lights off of eBay and they came in vary quickly. The directions were not as simple to understand but with help from some threads here I got them hooked up.

The wires were all sheathed in black and I had no trouble running the lights and hiding the wires in the motor bay. I also have the ones with the 7 Halo LED's and they are vary cool at night with just them on and leaving the fog lights off!

The power wire for the lights is run to the battery 12V Pos and the switch wire is run to the #21 free spot on the fuse panel using a "Blade Fuse Tap" I purchased at my local auto parts store (cost about $3.00). I wired it to that fuse section so that when I turn the car off and open the doors the fog lights go off (like the radio). I got that from the how to thread also.

Since the lights were smaller then the opening I used the directions from the how to thread and cut holes in the fillers that snap into the openings in the Fog light holes. cut it out with a Jig saw and mounted the brackets to the top of the fillers and snapped them back into place.

The only thing I would change is that the switch is a bit cheap. Its a three button switch but it feels cheap. Also with the Fog Lights on you cant see the halos you have to have the fog lights off to see them.

All in all it was well worth the money. If you need help hooking them up I can send you some pictures or post them here.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:10 AM

Could you upload some pics to your gallery? (Click "Gallery" at the top of this page and then "Upload")
Old 03-26-2008, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Could you upload some pics to your gallery? (Click "Gallery" at the top of this page and then "Upload")
sure I will take some detail pictures and get them in the gallery
Old 03-30-2008, 08:21 PM

Finaly got some pictures put up had the flu and it put me down for a bit.

Here are the foglights installed:

The Halo's I have them on blue:

And Red

there are seven colors in all but I am not posting pictures of them all
The switch:

I ran the switch wire thru the fire wall on the drivers side there is a rubber stopper that can be pushed out to allow the wire thru:

The two grounds are located at the bolts for the Struts there is a ground sticker located right there.

The wires are run and fastened with zip ties the wires are all wrapped when they came in so they are protected:

If anyone needs specific pictures just PM me and let me know.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 PM

might not want to drive with the red on...
Old 03-30-2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
might not want to drive with the red on...
I was thinking I could maybe make them flash and then get a large siren think that would go over ok?