Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Free Paint!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:12 AM

Free Paint!!!!

well last time i was into the dealer for some warranty work (flooding through the sunroof) i noticed footprints and cracks on the paint on my front bumper. i called the service manager furious and he said he would take a look at it. well when i went back he took one look at it and said oh the cracks happened because the paint was not mixed right at the factory (anyone else se some bull going round?) and that it would be warranty work. i dont care really because the paint is free but does anyone else think the service manager is calling it warranty work just so the dealership dont have to pay for one of their service tecs standing on the front of my car?
Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

I can't even think of any reason why they would stand on the front of your car. Yes, they don't want to paint it. You could call GM customer service and explain what they are trying to do but remember you still have to come back for other service unless you are willing to use another dealer.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:00 AM

Simply stepping on the bumper is not going to cause cracks. The paint is made to flex quite a bit. So the service manager is not completey off his rocker. However, there still is no reason to have foot prints there!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 AM

yeah just picked up my baby from the body shop and the paint looks great. im not happy with the buff job they did and will fix that at home but it takes alot to please me. when i talked to the service manager he said he talked to the tech and he swore he didnt step on it but the service manager said it wouldnt have suprised him because the tech is like 4 foot tall. not that it matters but the car was being looked at for the gasket under the wiper cowl in addition to the sunroof. but the paint was free so im not going to complain, i have always had a great experience and i dont want to drive another 20 minutes to go to another dealer. just thought it was kinda odd how they went about this.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:29 AM
jx3

Glad to hear you got taken care of!

With all the bad rap that dealers get, let's hear it for your dealer!!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by masterchief1112
i dont care really because the paint is free but does anyone else think the service manager is calling it warranty work just so the dealership dont have to pay for one of their service tecs standing on the front of my car?
Absolutely that is what is happening.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Glad to hear you got taken care of!

With all the bad rap that dealers get, let's hear it for your dealer!!
Doesn't sound like an honest dealer to me.

I wonder what would have happened if they couldn't have blamed it on Chevy?

To me, this looks like they'll say anything to keep it from coming out of their pocket and I'd be worried that my pocket might be next!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 AM

I understand your guy's concern for GM having to pay for it but either way regardless of who pays for it you are getting taken care of. There are procedures for the dealer to get paid on this anyway and GM will have to approve it before they send a check. Also GM does have local reps to check on this in person.