Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Grills

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:52 AM

Grills

I searched this forum for a picture of a black chrome grill installed with no luck. I am thinking about doing the the 3 bar mod with that wire mess as a filler. Or thinking about a black chrome grill but don't know how it will look.

Does anyone have a crazy cool custom grill pic to share?

Thanks all you HHR nuts!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 AM

GM Accessories offers a black chrome grille if you want. I'm putting it on my Black HHR today. You can go to the Chevrolet website, select HHR, then look at accessories and see it, I think on a blue color. I've also done the black chrome door handles and the hatchback applique. Looks good. I can give you part numbers if you think you'd be interested.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 AM

Painted black grill

Here is a pic of mine with a (temporary) painted black grill.

This grill got a lot of attention from other HHR owners. I will be having the same artist paint a spare grill for me (every other bar black, black bow-tie). A girl's got to have options!
Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
Here is a pic of mine with a black grill.
That's what I have in mind for my HHR Shadow.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
jx3

From Hills' former HHR, Black Knight.......

Old 07-24-2008, 09:48 AM

i'm thinking of getting a spare grille and painting it black as well, it has a sleek look to it, but then i might do the bowtie all in chrome.

raceysdad - can you post photos of all the black chrome on your hhr. i've been wondering what it looks like as well, or if you have some regular chrome to put it next to for a compare shot.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
Here is a pic of mine with a (temporary) painted black grill.

This grill got a lot of attention from other HHR owners. I will be having the same artist paint a spare grill for me (every other bar black, black bow-tie). A girl's got to have options!
I was going to do this same thing but hopefully with billet bow ties until plans got going again to make my custom grill. We already have satin parts but I was going to have the grill, door handles, and whatever you call that thing on the rear painted black.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Songman
I was going to do this same thing but hopefully with billet bow ties until plans got going again to make my custom grill. We already have satin parts but I was going to have the grill, door handles, and whatever you call that thing on the rear painted black.
I love the custom grill you are designing and can't wait to see the finished product.

The rear is called a "beauty bar" and both my front and back bow ties are painted pink with black "Chevrolet" over-lays. And I got to keep the chrome..I love chrome.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:55 AM

We opted for the satin because that was the look we were going for when we had the Moon Eyes. I would probably do it differently now since we aren't using those. When my grill is done I will probably have it painted metallic silver to match the satin as closely as I can, but I think the chrome ones are really going to look the best. It is going to be pushing it at this point but I really hope to have it on the car by the Rendezvous.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
We opted for the satin because that was the look we were going for when we had the Moon Eyes. I would probably do it differently now since we aren't using those. When my grill is done I will probably have it painted metallic silver to match the satin as closely as I can, but I think the chrome ones are really going to look the best. It is going to be pushing it at this point but I really hope to have it on the car by the Rendezvous.
Darn, I have to miss that g2g (have a final that Saturday). Please post pix of it whenever it is ready!

@

Quick Reply: Grills