Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

HHR Splash Guards that protect

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
Post the specs now.LOL. I am going to get rid of the front factory and make some that work.
Here's the dimensions. You can use any radius you want to on the corners, or some other cut. Another source of sturdy plastic might be a black office trash can you can get in an office supply store.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:05 PM

Thanks.
I'll be making some this week for it.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:21 PM

I work at a big company and was just walking around the parking lot. I spotted a blue HHR, no running boards or splash guards. Not a new one, and yikes - the rear lower area is really splattered with road dirt. This is the first I've seen of the problem in person. I don't know if the paint is damaged under the dirt, but it sure does show why you need flaps or step rails. Nasty.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by MikeX
I work at a big company and was just walking around the parking lot. I spotted a blue HHR, no running boards or splash guards. Not a new one, and yikes - the rear lower area is really splattered with road dirt. This is the first I've seen of the problem in person. I don't know if the paint is damaged under the dirt, but it sure does show why you need flaps or step rails. Nasty.
Ya. I have the factory flaps and the front ones don't really do anything. The rear fenders are sandblasted and look like crap. I'm waiting to see what GM of Canada is going to do about it. They will paint it. It looks like they are going to put running boards on to, but not finalized yet.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Deceased

Here's the dimensions. You can use any radius you want to on the corners, or some other cut. Another source of sturdy plastic might be a black office trash can you can get in an office supply store.

if you scan that, save it as a jpeg then you can send it and we can print it and it looks like it will fit a 8.5 X11 piece of paper
Old 05-08-2006, 02:34 PM

That's a wonderful idea CJ. That way we have everything right.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:35 PM

Hmmm, I see. Let me play with my scanner this evening. I wouldn't do this for just any HHR forum you know.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:39 PM

Thats because this is dee best HHR fourm out there.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
if you scan that, save it as a jpeg then you can send it and we can print it and it looks like it will fit a 8.5 X11 piece of paper
Merry Xmas. I scanned it and printed it out, looks close enough for government work. Maybe I should sell them on Ebay.

Get the jpg here:

http://webpages.charter.net/nashme/h...s/flapscan.jpg
Old 05-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Merry Xmas. I scanned it and printed it out, looks close enough for government work. Maybe I should sell them on Ebay.

Get the jpg here:

http://webpages.charter.net/nashme/h...s/flapscan.jpg
Thanks Mike...we all thank you.

Quick Reply: HHR Splash Guards that protect