Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

I'm so depressed

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:54 PM

Unhappy I'm so depressed

On my way to work this morning the person in front of me ran over a flat sheet of metal about 3'x3' that kicked up into my front bumper, slicing a cut across from the fog light to the grill. Looks like it didn't get any metal at all, just the plastic bumper cover. Fog light didn't break, but it is pushed back into the bumper. I guess I should be thankfull it wasn't worse, and the sheet of metal didn't come through the windshield. No radiator or air conditioning damamge, and cj's budget grill stayed in place. Of course the lady in front didn't stop, nor any others who were around me. This happened while crossing a bridge, and with cars beside me, in front and in back, and a guardrail with no shoulder on the other side, I couldn't move, not that I had the time to as it happened so fast.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:01 PM

And If You Have A High Deductable On Your Insurance Its Not Even Worth Calling Them About It.you Can't Plan For Everything.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:02 PM

Well...that just stinks. Does it look like it can be repaired or is the bumper cover going to need replacement. So sorry to hear about this...it sure sucks that there is so much junk on the road these days. Please keep us posted on what's going and and pictures of the damage if you can. Keep your chin up...at least you're ok...which is most important. Cars can be fixed much easier than people.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Well...that just stinks. Does it look like it can be repaired or is the bumper cover going to need replacement. So sorry to hear about this...it sure sucks that there is so much junk on the road these days. Please keep us posted on what's going and and pictures of the damage if you can. Keep your chin up...at least you're ok...which is most important. Cars can be fixed much easier than people.
The bumper cover will have to be replaced. The sheet of metal hit it on its edge, and sliced well into the bumper and through the foam behind it. I will post pics tonight if I can get some taken.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:29 PM

I got a picture of the damage in my gallery if anyone wants to see. Amazing how the edge of the metal made such a clean cut in the bumper. After I took the pics I was able to snap the fog light back into place. No damage to the light or the frame, it just poped out from the force of the impact I guess.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Founding Member

OUCH!
Glad to see that economy lower grill is in place!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:55 PM

OUCH sorry to hear about what happen. Hard to belive the almost perfect cut it made. Keep us posted on how things work out for you.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:45 PM

Holy crap....that's not a cut...that's a major gash. Yikes... Please keep us posted on how things go with repairs.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:55 AM

How fortunate you are. Imagine if that had hit the windshield. Cars can be fixed.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by KY Dave
How fortunate you are. Imagine if that had hit the windshield. Cars can be fixed.
yeah that or someone walking along the street....that would have killed someone

Quick Reply: I'm so depressed