Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

IPCW Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 PM

IPCW Tail Lights

I've been considering IPCW tail lights for a while now. I have a few questions: Those of you who do have them, do you feel they were worth the money? Where did you get them from? Would you do it again if you were to get another HHR? How difficult are they to install? What is the flash rate like on the blinkers? Is it about the same as stock blinkers? They don't blink really fast or anything right? Since they are like $200-$300, I would hate to spend the money on them and be disappointed. I do like the way LEDs in general look. I used to have LED bulbs, and I liked the way those looked, except I had to remove them because I screwed up the wiring and caused electrical problems because I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to wiring/electrical stuff. Share your thoughts....

Thanks, Tyler
Old 10-30-2010, 10:39 PM

Love em. My favorite mod so far, worth the money for me. Its all about personal taste though.
Functionally, they are great, and install isnt too difficult. If you can take off the stock light housings, the LED ones install the same way and just plug in to factory bulb sockets.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:43 PM

I got mine from Maggie at Race and Street. Install was plug and play. You will be VERY happy with how bright the led reverse lights are!!! Waaaaayy brighter than stock.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 PM

Get em!

I bought mine on eBay and had the dealer install them. They are much better. They look modern, they can be seen from farther away, and they blink at normal rates. My problem has been getting LEDs for the high-mount 3rd brake light to work properly because I feel that the regular bulbs there look weird with LEDs in back everywhere else.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:23 PM

Got mine from Race&Street too.

Rate is about the same as stock. The thing I like most about them is that the top and bottom set light up when driving. Much easier for the other morons to see you. Plus they look cool as hell.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
The thing I like most about them is that the top and bottom set light up when driving.
Mike-

Always wondered about that. Are there any wiring changes needed to have the lowers lit as running lights ?
Old 10-30-2010, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Mike-

Always wondered about that. Are there any wiring changes needed to have the lowers lit as running lights ?
When you install them, there is a wire which connects the two.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Platinum Member

Thank you Sir, that makes sense..
Old 10-31-2010, 02:43 AM

Yeah they are way nicer... and I do think they are one of the best bang for your buck mods.

I agree the double running lights are super cool

The reverse lights are way brighter

I also bought from Race And Street. They were also the cheapest.

No blinker change, they have a built in resistor so they don't blink faster.

Install is EASY!

Go thru here

Each light housing is covered with a plastic cup which is secured with 3 nuts shown here, remove those nuts

unplug the lights & Remove the plastic cups and pull the light housing from the 1/4 panel

here you can see the stock lights and the plastic cups

Reinstall the IPCW lights and plug in to the stock harness. Also you can see the small wire in the pic. That is the wire that plugs into the lower light that gives you the cool double running light rings

They are so cool
Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by gdzhhr
got mine from race&street too.
x3.

Quick Reply: IPCW Tail Lights