Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

need help w future plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:38 AM

need help w future plans

Here is the pic I chopped of my wife's hhr... the wheels are konig Unknowns...the part that seems purplish is supposed to be body color matched.... there was an hhr pic on another site that I saw that had these wheels... that hhr was black and white... anyways... im just trying to see if anyone knows a dealer that is has these rims in 20's? and would 20's go well with the goldline drop?

Also...we got the base model hhr wit no chrome package... because i like the look of all the chrome extras in the pic, mirros and roof rack... is there a cheaper place to get these items as well as the running boards?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:43 AM

Welcome and congratulations on buying an HHR!

20's will fit the Gold-Line drop, but you are not going to like the ride! With 30-series tires (band-aids), it's going to ride like a gravel truck on ice. The other down side with 20's is that one bad pothole can ruin your rim!

No doubt about it - 20's look the part, but you will lose the great ride the HHR has stock. Personally, I would not go any larger than 18's on an HHR.

Here's an HHR dropped on oversized 17's:

And another on 18's:

20 tires start to get really thin:

(pic courtesy HHR Club) - had to put that!

Just my $0.02 worth...

Best of luck with your decision.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:43 AM
Banned

I would stay away from 20"s and not put the DUB magazine sticker on the back window. It will probably be expensive to switch from the brushed trim over to the chrome trim, but I haven't heard of anyone that has done it yet.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:09 AM

This is not the first time we've had this conversation, but I'd have to agree. I wouldn't go any bigger than 18". I think you'll find majority of the forum agree. Although I believe there are a few on here that did go to 20's.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:11 AM

Well I live in good old sunny florida and for the most part... most of the roads that we travel here in east orlando are in great condition... I have a focus (see pic, and yes thats my car) that im running 18's on with 30 series tires with more than a two inch drop and the ride for the most part is not that bad unless i go downtown on cobblestone streets, then we got issues... so with that being said, I am not concerned with sacrificing a lil bit of ride quality for a lil bit of pimp potential!

Pimpin aint easy but someone has got to do it!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:19 AM

Also SoCalHHR... would you know of anybody making custom eyelids like the ones I chopped on the HHR... i want them to follow the body line that goes through the headlight to cover up the top chrome looking part...
Old 03-20-2006, 08:34 AM

20s all the way

hey man i would go with the 20 if your are not going to be doing alot of highway travel tires wont last long plus when you start going state to state these other states dont take care of their roads although im useing 20s with 30 seires tires its going to be expensive to keep them beautiful looking just my0.02 cents
Old 03-20-2006, 09:48 AM

Hey Jerell I like what you did with the photo chop, especially the hood vent's (ala Buick). So is that the latest pic of your Focus, it sure didn't look like that the last time you were over.

I'm supposed to pick up my HHR this afternoon and if all goes well I'll heve her in the shop this evening starting with some mods.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by HHRsparks
Also SoCalHHR... would you know of anybody making custom eyelids like the ones I chopped on the HHR... i want them to follow the body line that goes through the headlight to cover up the top chrome looking part...
No one is making them yet - but ut's easy enough to do with vinyl (static cling tint works well also).
Old 03-20-2006, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by dan-d
Hey Jerell I like what you did with the photo chop, especially the hood vent's (ala Buick). So is that the latest pic of your Focus, it sure didn't look like that the last time you were over.

I'm supposed to pick up my HHR this afternoon and if all goes well I'll heve her in the shop this evening starting with some mods.
Its about time! lol... im gonna start with my entertainment mods real soon.. tvs and dvd player for my son... then the 20's and gold line springs..

as far as the focus... nope thats not how she looks now... the only difference is I have an evo style carbon fiber hood instead of OEM and Im waiting on my 2nd carbon fiber trunk to arrive...

Quick Reply: need help w future plans