Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Opinion on aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:13 AM

Opinion on aftermarket parts

i have an '07 Black Limited fall edition black chrome series HHR and i love it but im in the process of bblacking it out or murdering it out. i need opinions on wheels all black no chrome or red stripe just black. and also a grille. cant seem to find the right grille. i have my eye on some enkie rims but not sure if thats what i want. ill put some pics up soon. the headlights, taillights, and reflectors are all black. also the HHR and LT chrome peices are blacked out. both bowties and the two small GM emblems are black. im ordering the black door handles and the back door handle as well. i need suggestions....... thanks HHR'07
Old 12-15-2009, 06:56 PM

I'd recommend buying the paintable door handles over the black plastic ones. It will go with the car better because it won't be the dull plastic. As for the grille, you can always paint yours, even make a 3-bar.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:40 AM

well i want the 3 bar but idk my dad and i are making all the mods and he runs his own automotive shop so its kinda when he has spare time. but im trying to talk him into helping. my dad use to work for chevy dealers so he can get his hands on the good already painted handles cheap for me so ive got that handled but i've thought about just putting an ss grille on it would that be a go or a no???? opinions anyone????????
Old 12-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HHR'07
well i want the 3 bar but idk my dad and i are making all the mods and he runs his own automotive shop so its kinda when he has spare time. but im trying to talk him into helping. my dad use to work for chevy dealers so he can get his hands on the good already painted handles cheap for me so ive got that handled but i've thought about just putting an ss grille on it would that be a go or a no???? opinions anyone????????
From what I've read adding an SS grill would require a cut out of the top of bumper, (for clearance) or shorten the grill shell..Then issues with hood latch..

Perhaps using the search function would give you more detailed info about this.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 PM

thanks ya i think i might go with the three bar it looks better in my opinion.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:34 PM

heres the one i made. would be perfect for an all black car if you like vertical bars.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:39 PM

i think that looks good but i still like the 3 bar better i like the mesh backing you should try putting a mesh material behind yours o and btw i raced a mazda 3 on my way home and smoked it so anyone ever get the chance you can tske them easy lol
Old 12-17-2009, 03:22 PM

If you're looking to black/murder it out, I'd suggest flat black or satin black rims. The polished or painted rims don't give off the right vibe IMHO. Post pics of the progress! And I want your headlights NOWWWWWW!

Later
Allex
Old 12-18-2009, 03:05 AM

thanks ill keep that in mind what do you all think of the kyowa racing rims idk the model number but they are all black and have 10 arms and the center cap is chrome but ill handle that if you want to know the head light trick its simple but you have to listen very carefully if i tell you
Old 12-18-2009, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by HHR'07
i have an '07 Black Limited fall edition black chrome series HHR and i love it but im in the process of bblacking it out or murdering it out. i need opinions on wheels all black no chrome or red stripe just black. and also a grille. cant seem to find the right grille. i have my eye on some enkie rims but not sure if thats what i want. ill put some pics up soon. the headlights, taillights, and reflectors are all black. also the HHR and LT chrome peices are blacked out. both bowties and the two small GM emblems are black. im ordering the black door handles and the back door handle as well. i need suggestions....... thanks HHR'07
I had my wheels powered coat gloss black love them.

Quick Reply: Opinion on aftermarket parts