Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

running boards

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 07:48 AM

running boards

So i have 2 hhr s. 1 with running boards and 1 without...im thinking about putting a set on the one without. I like the lowered look , but our roads are crappy. So i could make a mold that will make them look lowered. But do i want to spend the time ..... or just find a stock set and be done with it....Just thinking out loud
Old 03-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Go with a stock set or for a smooth look go with a set from an SS
Old 03-23-2014, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Go with a stock set or for a smooth look go with a set from an SS
I like this idea,finding a pair of ss ones might be little harder to find at a decent price,not sure haven't research this.
Ss ones would be first option and comparing new with used prices for running boards would be my next,check c/l list,ebay,local junk yards,forum classifieds,also online search engine for best prices you'll prefer oem product for better fitment and maybe better warranty.
Good luck.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:07 AM

I bought my running boards on eBay. Had to paint one. It would probably be cheaper to find them in a salvage yard near you.

You have to take off the factory rocker panels before you can install the running boards. It is a fairly straightforward job if you have any mechanic
ability.

I don't really like the SS running boards but they do look good on the car.

Boydie

Originally Posted by Nightwalkerhemi
I like this idea,finding a pair of ss ones might be little harder to find at a decent price,not sure haven't research this.
Ss ones would be first option and comparing new with used prices for running boards would be my next,check c/l list,ebay,local junk yards,forum classifieds,also online search engine for best prices you'll prefer oem product for better fitment and maybe better warranty.
Good luck.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:49 AM

Interesting...ive got a go with stock and a go with stock ss..and a i have ss but dont like them...boydie what would you change on your ss if you could...if i make a mold and pull a part off what would most people change...im thinking a bit lower. Give me your input.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:36 PM

I have never liked the headlights. I would like custom front fenders with round headlights like the original panel and use the foglights for turn signals. Some say there is no room to do it, but if I were a younger man............

Boydie

Originally Posted by HUNTMASTER
Interesting...ive got a go with stock and a go with stock ss..and a i have ss but dont like them...boydie what would you change on your ss if you could...if i make a mold and pull a part off what would most people change...im thinking a bit lower. Give me your input.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:02 PM

Just a note ss rockers are non functional,the running boards seem functional but the hhr seems to sit low that I wouldn't need to use the running boards,kids might.
Just a heads up too huntmaster but to my understanding its for cosmetic for you,I personality would have to have them too just makes it look better.
With the ss or standard running boards.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:19 PM

Boydie youre right ... i too like round headlights..id do frenched headlights if it was all steel up there ..i did that to some cars back in the 80s...its more work than id want to do at this point ..front bumper i was only thinking a kind of skirt...and painting the headlights so they look round when i lay down the the new paint...but you never know..i may change my mind
Old 03-23-2014, 03:29 PM

Nightwalkerhemi i agree the car does sit low to where you dont need function..i only like the looks ...so yes cosmetic..but you can always make them stronger depending on how much glass you use on lay up..which brings me back to thinking why not make it look a little lower its kind of like the 1 inch springs..its just a little lower and you know somethings different
Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 AM

If I find an HHR, it probably will not have running boards. I would be interested in a set of running boards. Huntmaster, post some pics if you get running boards made. Thanks

Quick Reply: running boards