Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Satin Chrome Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:17 PM

Question Satin Chrome Accessories

Hello All!

I'm new to the group. Recently purchased a 2007 1LT that's Golden Teal with the Satin Chrome Package. I really, really like the look of the Satin Chrome with the color, but I'm having a problem finding any accessories to match. Has anyone come across Satin Chrome accessories (like the antennae bezel, or the tail light rings) ??

If not, how realistic do you think it would be to just get the chrome and use some sort of clear satin paint?

Thanks, in advance!!

-Katie
Tallahassee, FL
Old 05-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Your best IMO would be to get the parts, sand them and then hit with a "chrome" paint. SInce that paint never looks like chrome, it should match up pretty well. To me that's all the satin is. Satin just sound nicer....
Old 05-23-2007, 04:48 PM

I've been searching all over with little success. I ordered a satin grille from Auto Anything but later found out it would take 5 months to be delivered so I cancelled the order. Apparently satin chrome is not the preferred look for those doing mods to HHRs.

I'm with you. I think it looks great with my sandstone exterior.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member

If you are speaking of relatively small chrome parts......

I would buy something small and inexpensive, that is the "shiney" chrome and use different grades of fine and very fine wet and dry sanding cloth or steel wool, to see if it would give you the look you want. Probably wouldn't work on something as big as the grill....but smaller ideas may provide the look.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 AM

In case anyone is interested, Maggie from Race and Street said she'd be getting Satin Finish Chrome accessories within the next couple of weeks.

http://www.raceandstreet.com/MainPage.php
Old 05-25-2007, 04:10 PM

Go Maggie
Old 05-25-2007, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by kdugg_fl
In case anyone is interested, Maggie from Race and Street said she'd be getting Satin Finish Chrome accessories within the next couple of weeks.

Good to know. I was going to buy some taillight rings and spray them with frost paint to see if they would look any good but it would be an expensive experiment for sure. Think I'll wait and see what they come up with now.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by kdugg_fl

Cant wait to see what they get
Old 05-26-2007, 01:00 PM

I'd like to see some Satin finish covers for the mirrors and also for the pads on the front of the back fenders. Those two items would make me happy!