Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

SEMA cust led healight/taillights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:01 PM

SEMA cust led healight/taillights?

http://www.hhrclub.org/galleries/che...ept-sema-2005/

anyone know who made these, we need to start drilling them now to make these for us!!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:04 PM

Led tailights is a HUGE + for me. I can't wait till I can get my filthy lil hands on some.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

I don't think they would be D.O.T. legal. I know here in New York it is illegal to use led lighting with visible lights. You can have led underbody kits in a very limited number of colors (New York also has strict laws about what color lights you can use) but nothing visible. Even the led break lights they sell are illegal.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:29 PM

I liked how they took the reat seat and intergrated it into the Front. I was not feeling the green seats. I also liked the leather top pannel of the car. The wood pannel's were good. I wished they showed underneath the hood
Old 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM

In oklahoma the only colors you can't use are blue and red anything else is fair game. And even at that they wont pull u over if its solid and stays solid. They pull u over when u get red or blue lights dancing. Which I sort of understand why.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

We can't use blue,red,green,white,or yellow. Lots of choices left huh? All blinking or flasking lights are illegal. Most cops around here seem to let you slide unless they want to be a *****.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I don't think they would be D.O.T. legal. I know here in New York it is illegal to use led lighting with visible lights. You can have led underbody kits in a very limited number of colors (New York also has strict laws about what color lights you can use) but nothing visible. Even the led break lights they sell are illegal.
well then, what do they do about cadillac srx, sts, dts taillights, or infinty? how about the prius? all these cars come stock with led taillights?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phantom06HHR
well then, what do they do about cadillac srx, sts, dts taillights, or infinty? how about the prius? all these cars come stock with led taillights?
Aftermarkets must be brighter. I had a buddy who got a ticket here. He had a Mustang (go figure) and put those stupid led cluster tail lights in along with sequential tail lights. He got pulled over and ticketed for both. As far as the headlights go how many of those cars have them in the headlights? It is illegal to install leds in your headlights. Why do you think when you buy the leds to change the color of your headlights or strobes for your headlights they say not intended for street use or intended for off road use only? To cover there a**. I thought you were concerned about making the HHR look like rice? Nothing says rice more than leds. I'm only speaking of New York law also. Things may be different where your from. I only know New York because this is where I was born, raised, and where I'll die.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:20 PM

My wife's 06 Honda Accord has LED taillights too. I saw that Wal-Mart has replacement taillight bulbs with LED's now - it might be worth checking to see if they have the right style. The HHR taillight bulb is a 3057KX.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Aftermarkets must be brighter. I had a buddy who got a ticket here. He had a Mustang (go figure) and put those stupid led cluster tail lights in along with sequential tail lights. He got pulled over and ticketed for both. As far as the headlights go how many of those cars have them in the headlights? It is illegal to install leds in your headlights. Why do you think when you buy the leds to change the color of your headlights or strobes for your headlights they say not intended for street use or intended for off road use only? To cover there a**. I thought you were concerned about making the HHR look like rice? Nothing says rice more than leds. I'm only speaking of New York law also. Things may be different where your from. I only know New York because this is where I was born, raised, and where I'll die.

i am not attacking you at all, just trying to figure out what is exactly illegal there is all. I can see those crappy apc and walmart bulbs being illegal, simply because not a single one is dot compliant.

As for the headlights, the rings around them is simialr to bmw's "angel eyes" which to my last check were 100% legal in white. The leds in the SEMA are white as well, and considering that you will not be able to see them when the lights are on, i dont see a big issue anyway. Now if they were blue or red, i could see a big legal issue. The leds you are reffering to are not the same type used here.

BTW, I dont consider led's for taillights rice, nor do i consider projector headlights to be rice, but if you used them to make the underside of the car glow, or to light up your interior in a sheet of blue, then it is rice

Quick Reply: SEMA cust led healight/taillights?