Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Tinted Windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:40 PM

Tinted Windows

Do any of the factory HHRs have tinted windows? Has anyone had any problem with scratches after getting their windows tinted? I had a Mustang that did not have felt on the inside of the window and ruined the tint job.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Platinum Member

There is a light factory tint, but I did mine darker..I only have the 2 front door windows on my Panel..
But no problems to report about any damage to the tint. Still looking Good !!!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 PM

A lot of newer cars, with more than 2 doors, will have the rear windows tinted somewhat. When I bought mine, all the windows except the front doors were tinted. The '09 I had as a rental when mine was at the dealership had all the windows tinted
Old 06-02-2010, 01:13 PM

No manufacturer is going to offer factory-tinted windows on the front doors. Reason being: The laws regarding window tint vary greatly from state to state. Some outlaw tint on these windows entirely.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by tim_tenn
No manufacturer is going to offer factory-tinted windows on the front doors. Reason being: The laws regarding window tint vary greatly from state to state. Some outlaw tint on these windows entirely.
Agreed, laws def vary, we allow tints but the % is VERY light compared to whats avalible. A CT trooper was gunned down years ago and that stopped all the 5% or darker stuff.

Looking at the rear windows there is def tint and the rear passanger seats have some too, the front ones does not look like they have any.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:05 PM

my rear door windows say... trans. 20%...that is from the factory. I had my fronts done to match.

one of the better things about moving to Ohio is I am allowed to legally tint my front window. in Jersey it's a $120 ticket, no warning!

oh yeah, and no motor vehicle inspection
Old 06-02-2010, 02:06 PM

If you look at the bottom of the windows where the GM logo is it will tell you the tint %.

All my back windows are 20% and the two fronts were 70% but I tinted them to 20%.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 AM

If you travel to another state where front window tint is outlawed, can you get a ticket? Even if you're just passing through?

Also, has anyone bought the pre-cut HHR window tint on eBay? Easy to install?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by PhatBob
If you travel to another state where front window tint is outlawed, can you get a ticket? Even if you're just passing through?

this has always been my question since Ilive in Indiana where I can tint my fronts to a certain percentage, and I go to Michigan a lot, where you can't tint the fronts at all.

I can never get a straight answer on this. Next time I am in Mich and see a random cop i need to ask them.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by PhatBob

You are only required to be legal in the state the vehicle is registered. But, depending on the cop, you still may get pulled over.

I bought the precut off EBay backin 06 and added 20% all around minus the windshield. I still had to trim some, but it's a good starting point.

Quick Reply: Tinted Windows