Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Turtlewax ICE

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:16 PM

Turtlewax ICE

I've heard amazing and repulsing reviews about Turtlewax's ICE.

How does everyone feel about it?
Old 04-18-2008, 03:20 PM

Turtle wax

Have never used the Ice, but I do use the super hard shell liquid on my imperial blue and all the chrome..........haven't had a prob with it
Old 04-18-2008, 03:23 PM

Some people swear by it, others, not so much. I've seen cars in person done with it, and I didn't think it looked any better than Mothers or Meguiers products. I guess I get such satisfactory results from Meguiers that I really haven't bothered trying anything else.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member

Many threads are published on this forum regarding the subject of polishing, waxing, etc. Most of those contain positive and negative comments regarding the attributes of using ICE.

However, I will say it appears to be a decent product and very cheap (Costco almost gives it away). I personally wouldn't use it because it contains silcone, which is a B$$$h when body work needs to be done. JMO
Old 04-18-2008, 06:04 PM

I'll let you know what I think tommorrow, I bought it last weekend along with the car wash. The Car Wash worked great! I got the car all washed and dried, busted out the buffer and than it started to rain. That's the way it always happens, but tommorrow it will get done.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:01 AM

I have used the spray detail ICE and like it. it is just that a quick detail wax and does not last long. But over all I like it. Did buy the paste ICE and will try it out as soon as there is a break from the rain.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:27 PM

I bought the ICE when i first got my HHR and I've been using it since day one. I really have no complaints other than its a little hard to take off in the sun... (they say you can use it in the sun) but it takes alot of extra muscle to remove it. The other thing is that its clear so its hard to see where you waxed and didnt wax. i always just apply the whole car and buff the whole car, pull it out into the sun and look for spots that i missed. <-- thats really not a complaint because I dont have to worry about the pasty buildup in all the cracks... Don't bother with the ICE liquid clay bar, its useless. just stick with the old fashion mequires clay bar and detailer.... just my .02

OH and the best part about ICE wax is that it doesn't leave that greasy residue on the finish, and you dont have to worry about the textured part of the bumper and mirrors turning white after waxing you can just go right over em.. WOOT!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:33 PM

I bought the wax haven't used it yet. Also have the liquid clay bar. I found with the liquid clay bar is to not use it in direct sunlight ( the heat of the day). The sun will warm the metal and then its a little hard to get the clay bar residue off. But I like it cause you can do a big area really fast, then use the traditional clay bar to do the little touch ups.