Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

What if Chevy had done this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:57 PM

What if Chevy had done this?

I was thinking about this last week and wanted to share.

What if Chevy had gone the corporate path and just went with a cobalt station wagon instead of the HHR. If you think about it the HHR has made a dent in the market that a plain wagon would have never pulled off. Along with the businesses that have been created and grown from this car. This forum is a great example of this. I don't think people would be all over the cobalt wagons making mods and customizing them. Sure there are a few who would but nothing like this.

My point is this, car companies need to hit home runs to sell cars. They need to produce cars that get people off the couch and into their showrooms. The 05 Mustang is another example of a home run along with the Mini cooper. The new Camaro and Challenger will be interesting to watch when they hit the market. It doesn't have to be retro, just cool and different than the stamped out production models of the past.

So my hat is off to Chevy and the guy at the top who said build it
Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR

So my hat is off to Chevy and the guy at the top who said build it

You got that right!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:55 PM

Also hats off to the designer of the PT Cruiser and Chrysler. For without them the HHR would have never come to fruition. Thank you Daimler/Chrysler for releasing a designer and allowing him to design something truly beautiful in form and functionality!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:55 PM

How true. Seems a lot of the cars are going retro. I hear that Ford may come out with a Bullit version of the Mustang.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:51 AM

Indeed!

When the Camaro and Challenger come out, I'll probably be doing a lot of visiting of showrooms.. as well as some peeping-tom missions to the car lots

In the words of a wise-man, "Always remember to bring a towel!"
Old 10-10-2007, 08:11 AM

... just cool and different than the stamped out production models of the past.
A freaking Men!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:26 AM

What if Chevy had gone the corporate path and just went with a cobalt station wagon instead of the HHR. If you think about it the HHR has made a dent in the market that a plain wagon would have never pulled off. Along with the businesses that have been created and grown from this car. This forum is a great example of this. I don't think people would be all over the cobalt wagons making mods and customizing them. Sure there are a few who would but nothing like this.
Truer words were never spoken! In my case, the last car I was this passionate about was my '68 Austin-Healy Sprite. In the intervening years, my cars were nothing more than transportation....until I saw the HHR and then the magic returned! Hats off to GM for bringing my baby to the market and hats off to the rest of you for sharing the passion and providing inspiration to one another.

Oh...one other thing...congrats to you, TkHHR on your selection as featured HHR of the month. Awesome job!