Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Where to buy???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:34 PM

Where to buy???

where can i get some Scotchgard protector for my upholstery, wal-mart?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

Yes,,,,

and I suggest buying the heavy duty "stuff" for carpeting. Follow the directions exactly....
Old 04-11-2007, 07:48 PM

do i have to buy a seperate bottle for the carpet?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member

Not sure what you mean!!! A different kind, no. A second rattle can...won't hurt.

Wal-mart, as you suggested, has it. Has 2 types...upholstery/material and carpet. Was told the carpet stuff, is a little higher concentrate. The spray rattle cans are the same size.

Again, go look at the cans and read the instructions. From that you can make some decisions. But, I THINK, to do the front and back seats properly, it will take 2 cans.

Oh, and around here, it runs about $8-9 a can.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Not sure what you mean!!! A different kind, no. A second rattle can...won't hurt.

Wal-mart, as you suggested, has it. Has 2 types...upholstery/material and carpet. Was told the carpet stuff, is a little higher concentrate. The spray rattle cans are the same size.

Again, go look at the cans and read the instructions. From that you can make some decisions. But, I THINK, to do the front and back seats properly, it will take 2 cans.

Oh, and around here, it runs about $8-9 a can.

what i mean is there a can that i have to buy just for the carpet or is it universal?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:46 PM

Not sure but I think Snoopy means that the carpet version (compared to the upholstery version) has more concentration of scotchguard and would be a good choice to use on everything? Not sure, but my guess. Snoopy?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member

Hillsdale is correct in his explanation of my explanation

Just think of it as 2 grades of Scotchguard..one for light material (upholstery) one for heavy material (carpeting). I had used the carpeting Scotchguard for all my cars with upholstery because I was told by a company rep. that product had more of the stain repellant in it vs the upholstery can. The rest of the ingredients are propellants and carriers.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hillsdale is correct in his explanation of my explanation

Just think of it as 2 grades of Scotchguard..one for light material (upholstery) one for heavy material (carpeting). I had used the carpeting Scotchguard for all my cars with upholstery because I was told by a company rep. that product had more of the stain repellant in it vs the upholstery can. The rest of the ingredients are propellants and carriers.
ok i just didnt know if i can use the carpet kind on my seats,so i should use the carpet kind all the way around? and also should i cover all the plastics?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:08 PM

You should be able to find it in most auto parts stores. Think I seen some in Auto Zone today. Not sure of the price.