Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Winter floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 PM

Winter floor mats

Well it's getting cooler and the next thing you know that crappy white stuff will be falling.

I used the pant saver car mats last year and still ended up with salt stained carpets, so I am looking for better floor mats for the winter.

I have seen some small pics of Catch-All floor mats and from what I can tell, they might do the job. Anyone in snowy areas have these and can provide some feedback on them?

I'm also considering getting Husky Liners for the front.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:05 PM

I use husky liners and just love them i keep them in year round and they fit so tight they never move
Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member

Black Rose......

I use the Husky Floor Liners as well. Some time ago, I read a post by JimZ, I believe. He convinced me.

They are molded to the drivers and passenger side floor pans exactly....including a little "bump" on the drivers' side for the OEM floor mat hook. They contain all the debris and are easy to clean (wife spilled a coke while on vacation...ALL WAS CONTAINED INSIDE THE FLOOR MAT LINER. they are made of a thermoplastic material and are warranteed for life.

Around $70 in the US with free shipping, in most instances. But be careful about a certain company who operates under 3-4 different names. They're the ones that I had trouble with and had a California attorney friend searve papers on.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:20 PM

Believe it or not, the 8 dollar ones from Walmart do a GREAT job considering the price...seriously

Goose
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 PM

Bought mine at Sam's Club for about $20 for all four pieces. They fit very well, and have a raised outside edge with deep grooves which hold in the winter mess very well. I've had mine for two winters now and love them, and my carpets still look new. Probably not the quality of husky liners, but certainly are cheaper, and do a nice job.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:03 PM

I don't know if you have Pants Saver car mats in the US, but the Wal-Mart ones are probably very similar.

With the very wide floor pan in the HHR, I had a lot of spillage last winter.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Goose
Believe it or not, the 8 dollar ones from Walmart do a GREAT job considering the price...seriously

Goose
+1

They may not have all the cutouts and bumps, but they fit the floor in the HHR quite nicely, they're WAAAAY cheaper than those overpriced Husky and WeatherTech liners, and they look pretty good, too.

I actually use the same set I had in my Blazer. Try that with a Husky or WeatherTech.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:28 PM

Got some pics of those mats from Wal-Mart?

Would need to do a visual match, since it's possible that what you guys get in the US may not even be available up here.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:00 AM

This pic is from NHHHR...gives you an idea what they look like...what crafty said...in fact I'm using the mats from my Matrix!

Goose
Old 10-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Husky liners

When I bought my Cummins/Dodge PU my kids were at the "if you can spill something I can spill more" stage so I got a set of Huskies. They lived up to there billing, they really will hold a quart of coke with out getting it on the carpet--unless you are clumsy trying to get the mess out of the truck. My wife on the other hand says they look like they belong in the truck and we are getting catch-alls for the Her Hot Rod.

Quick Reply: Winter floor mats