Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

2009 HHR with Axxess XIA-D01?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:26 AM

2009 HHR with Axxess XIA-D01?

Hi, has anyone installed a Axxess XIA-D01 on their 2009 HHR? Mine is with the "premium" Pioneer stereo.

I did the install last night, and everything went smoothly. I plugged in my ipod and XM and the text displayed and i heard the audio. However, the buttons on the radio will not change the song or the satellite channel. Of course in radio and CD mode they work as expected.

Anyone heard of this? I've rechecked all the cabling, and everything seems ok (no bent pins, etc). I am really at a loss and will be calling Metra tomorrow morning.

-steve
Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 AM

Yes this issue has happened to me since I bought my HHR about 1.5 months ago. Here in Oklahoma (Tulsa) I have talked to several dealerships that all point to the cable. I have checked with the apple people that say they dont support this. I am starting to think that the factory options really are junk in this car. Don't get me wrong I love my car but it is the interior and the stubborness of GM that just irks me. I would love to hear more suggestions other than try new cables as I am about $100 deep in new cables from apple, walmart and other third party providers.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:11 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by Malfun10n
Yes this issue has happened to me since I bought my HHR about 1.5 months ago. Here in Oklahoma (Tulsa) I have talked to several dealerships that all point to the cable. I have checked with the apple people that say they dont support this. I am starting to think that the factory options really are junk in this car. Don't get me wrong I love my car but it is the interior and the stubborness of GM that just irks me. I would love to hear more suggestions other than try new cables as I am about $100 deep in new cables from apple, walmart and other third party providers.

Malfun10n, are you using the same Axxess XIA-D01? Out of curiousity, was your vehicle a rental originally?

I spent about an hour on the phone with the Axxess (Metra) support. I did several reset/test scenarios as well as confirmed my XIA-D01 unit had the newest firmware (4/29/09 build date).

Tech support suspected the GM4 cable or the D01 interface so got a brand new XIA-D01 and a brand new GM4 cable, and the problem still happens.

Since it happens with XM as well as IPOD, i can only assume the head unit is at fault.

It's really upsetting but i don't know what I can do. I am also not sure the dealership is going to replace the HU for a 3rd party interface that doesn't work.