Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

6.2" touch, GPS, DVD,.... Ordered today

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:54 PM

6.2" touch, GPS, DVD,.... Ordered today

Well, after a few messages with pgt400 requardng the DVD, GPS, Touch screen, etc. I bought the following off ebay today. I did not buy the same head unit as pgt400. I wanted the same unit, but had to go cheaper. I will try and post picks. Head unit shipping from china projected to arrive Feb. 3rd.

Scosche GM13SR 2009 Chevrolet HHR Radio Install Wiring Harness
Features:
● Stereo replacement module retains all Factory safety and warning chimes.
● Includes both 24-pin connector and 16/14-pin connector set to cover all applications.
● Provides data-driven +12V Accessory R.A.P. output
● For most vehicles, the GM13SR provides data-driven park brake, reverse light, AMP trigger for Factory-amplified systems, vehicle speed sense (VSS) and auto illumination trigger outputs.
● Issues “Healthy” status report for OEM diagnostic scans

Metra 2006 07 08 09 10 Chevy HHR DOUBLE DIN Radio Dash Kit Don't know if I need this, but it was $13 and never know when I might need something to dremmel up to make that factory original look.

6.2" DOUBLE DIN GPS NAVIGATION IN CAR DVD PLAYER+CAMERA
The GPS card slot of this product only suits for SD Card!
6.2" Digital TFT touch screen, 800 x 480 High Definition
Turning and slipping design
Built-in 4 x 45W output
4.1 sound track line output
Rear view camera input
Support AV AUX input
Full-function remote control
Built-in GPS, with intelligent voice, route plan, advanced POI management
Support Map IGO,Sygic,Route66,TOMTOM,Gamin
GPS Dual Zone (you can enjoy music and radio while navigation)
Bluetooth with A2DP (support hands free and stereo functions)
-Built-in microphone Yes
-Received Call Yes
-Dialled Call Yes
-Missed Call Yes
iPod connecting
Radio AM/FM with RDS
Built-in TV Analog Receiver PAL/NTSC System
Compatible DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, VCD, CD, WMA, MP3, JPEG etc.
USB and SD Port, can play various media files
Original steering wheel compatibility

What's in the box

1 DVD host
1 Remote control
1 User's manual
1 GPS antenna
1 Mounting hardware
1 Front frame
1 Ipod cable
1 USB cable
1 Cable set

Plus:
Genuine Official Updatable GPS MAP Card
Rear view camera

Yeah, its the cheapest of cheap cameras, but I'm happy to have it. Local shop said the cheap ones wash out in bright sun and poor image at night. If it is bad, I can always upgrade the camera later. maybe mount this one inside so I can watch the cargo slide around the plastc tray on the AUX video input, lol.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:05 PM

Received email from ebay today, seller refunded money for
Scosche GM13SR 2004-08 GM LAN 11,
No longer available from manufacturer.
There is more on ebay, but they also say "more than 10 available", so i guess they also don't have in stock but order from manufacturer. Couple of refub ones on ebay, so maybe try one of them.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 AM

I would look at gettin the PAC Audio harness part # OS-311 I believe. The scosche harnesses suck. At least with my experience with them
Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 AM

I'll look for the PAC unit. Thank you.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 AM

wow, double the price of the scosche harnesses, but does look to be better quality.
I ordered the cheaper 6.2" head unit instead of the 7" because of expecting to pay $100 for interface. Looks like I'm gonna pay $150 for one instead.
Gonna wait until China head unit arrives and see if its worth the interface harness. After ordering, I'm finding complaints on the net of GPS program crashing and even if restore with new Win CE 5.0 that controls the GPS, when the unit is turned off and back on, it reverts back to flawed china software. GPS was a bonus, I was looking for ipod control and back up camera. Unit was only $50 more than what GM wants for ipod interface.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 AM

How much did you pay for that unit? I wouldnt be a bit surprised if the gps wasn't thr only thing that crashes with that unit. Honestly, they are junk. You really don't know what you are gonna get with those.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:37 AM

Also, if you google that harness, amazon has it for about a hundred bucks
Old 01-19-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Low-n-Loud
I wouldnt be a bit surprised if the gps wasn't thr only thing that crashes with that unit. Honestly, they are junk. You really don't know what you are gonna get with those.
Maybe junk, but its built in the same factory as the Pioneer and other GM factory units. My guess is that the brand name ones get better software for the GPS. From what I've read on the GPS forum, the GPS is seperate system within the unit. Thats why the 7" screen model has two SD card slots. One is dedicated for the GPS. And when GPS dies the rest of it continues to work normal. Thats why I said the GPS was bonus anyway. When I started this, I was wanting ipod control and back up camera.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 PM

See me or hear me?

Backing up in a Panel often makes me wish for a back-up camera.
I have the stock, base stereo package so I believe thieves dont give my HHR a second glance. I'd think they'd be way more interested in my car if I had a kickin' stereo system.
I need to mount it in the glovebox like we used to do in the old 8-track dayz haha
I cant see behind me but I wont be ripped off either
Old 01-19-2011, 07:40 PM

They make sunvisors with the LCD screen in them. I was thinking about one of those with back up camera. When I put it in reverse, I just flip the visor down. Prolly better at eye level like the mirror too. I think the stock stereo location is kinda low for GPS and rear view camera.

Also some good prices on the rear view mirrors with monitor built in. Looks similar to stock rear view mirror until you put it in reverse and a LCD screen appears in one half of the mirror. Saw some on ebay sellers page with bluetooth hands free cell control built in. Caller id appears in monitor. Came with camera and all wiring under $200.

Quick Reply: 6.2" touch, GPS, DVD,.... Ordered today