Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

audio installs in St. Louis area

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Question audio installs in St. Louis area

I'm looking for someone to do a custom install in the St. Louis area. I know two shops, one I'll never use again and Custom Sounds. I hear they do good work but are expensive.

I'm just looking at a new HU w/dvd and xm and a sub using the cargo floor area.

If anyone knows anyone in the area who does good work let me know please!

Thanks.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:12 PM

if you where closer than 5 hours from me i would do it for you. there are some great shops here in cincy, but again 5 hours away. If i where you i would try to do it myself, which i have done, and i also helped CJ, the best i could over the phone without seeing anything. the headunit with dvd would be no problem, probally would take less than an hour with all the great threads here, the sub for would take some time, there is alot of measuring, cutting, etc that would go into that, but at most shouldn't take more than 8 hours if it isnt made of fiberglass. pm me and let me know what you plans are for the rear and let me see what i can come up with.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:41 PM

I have so little time and more importantly little patience for something like this. For me, I know I could do the HU, but the sub is something I've never dealt with and wouldn't want to start now!

Thanks for the offer of help though!

For something like this I think I'd rather have a pro so that if/when something goes wrong I have someone to blame other than myself.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:08 PM

I may get in touch with you jaydogg about helping me with a cargo floor enclosure. I want to keep the cargo area clutter free. something along the lines of a single sub with a sturdy grille that can have grocery bags and such put on. I'd like to have the new floor piece covered in spray on bedliner to keep stuff from moving
Old 09-03-2006, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by longhorn
I may get in touch with you jaydogg about helping me with a cargo floor enclosure. I want to keep the cargo area clutter free. something along the lines of a single sub with a sturdy grille that can have grocery bags and such put on. I'd like to have the new floor piece covered in spray on bedliner to keep stuff from moving
with spare tire or no spare tire. if no spare it shouldnt be that bad. if you want the spare i will have to see what i can come up with. i would really like to see what other people have come up with and keep their spare. i need my HHR so i can take some measurements, wifey has it right now. im sure i can come up with something. im off tuesday-thursday so if you where to want to do something on a weekend, i will need to know a week or so in advance. im willing to do any installs that doesnt involve welding, such as intake installs, stereo, lowering, etc. i have more than enough tools, just need to get a garage to do it all.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:47 PM

Its official, this thread has been hijacked!

back on topic

I'm looking for someone to do a custom install in the St. Louis area. I know two shops, one I'll never use again and Custom Sounds. I hear they do good work but are expensive.

I'm just looking at a new HU w/dvd and xm and a sub using the cargo floor area.

If anyone knows anyone in the area who does good work let me know please!

Thanks.