Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Audio and Video (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/)
-   -   Just started losing sound this morning. (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/just-started-losing-sound-morning-61117/)

radujski 12-03-2018 01:02 PM

Just started losing sound this morning.

Hi guys. 2006 hhr lt with pioneer system. This morning I jumped in the car to leave for work ask had very little sound. Almost like when you don't plug an auction cable in all the way. Very faint. I was able to get everything back after a little tinkering. It still cuts out from time to time though. Sometimes one speaker, sometimes most of them. It varies. It almost seems as if the amp isn't getting enough power to push them all. Yesterday I replaced the washer nozzles. The wire that runs along the edge of the cowl seems like it very well may be the culprit. Does anyone know what this wire is for ? I haven't been able to find anything. Haven't had time to get in there today either. Thanks in advance for any info!

donbrew 12-03-2018 01:25 PM

I moved your post to a new thread.

I don't know of ANY wire that is supposed to be anywhere near the cowl. Maymbe post a photo?

Doc brown 12-03-2018 03:19 PM

Most likely culprit is you need new speakers. Over time the connectors rust and sooner or later they just stop working. I replaced my front two over the summer. Usually they don't all go bad at once though. Might do a forum search I though I've seen posts about having to replace the entire head unit.

Not sure what wire by the cowl you are referring to, but it's not for the audio system. Unless someone rewired things.

radujski 12-05-2018 09:32 PM

Wire

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 856659)
I moved your post to a new thread.

I don't know of ANY wire that is supposed to be anywhere near the cowl. Maymbe post a photo?

It runs along and clips on to the outter edge that's closest to you when you pop the hood. I'll try and remember to snap a pic in the morning. I've had sound for the past two days no problem. It was foggy/misting from time to time that day and it's been somewhat dry since.
​​​​​​

radujski 12-05-2018 09:41 PM

Wire

Originally Posted by Doc brown (Post 856664)
Most likely culprit is you need new speakers. Over time the connectors rust and sooner or later they just stop working. I replaced my front two over the summer. Usually they don't all go bad at once though. Might do a forum search I though I've seen posts about having to replace the entire head unit.

Not sure what wire by the cowl you are referring to, but it's not for the audio system. Unless someone rewired things.

I'm planning on throwing a new head unit and speakers in at some point just don't have the means to do so right now :( just felt as though it wwas weird. Zero problems before this! She did sit for half a year though. Any idea where the power feed for the amp starts? I looked at schmeatics but I'm not very good with them yet.

donbrew 12-06-2018 09:03 AM

That is part of the under hood wiring harness. I think it goes to the washer pump.