Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Audio and Video (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/)
-   -   My Factory Stereo LED Burned Out - Help? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/my-factory-stereo-led-burned-out-help-50934/)

WohooTheWOO 06-24-2014 01:34 PM

My Factory Stereo LED Burned Out - Help?

Hi Guys! I have a 09 LT with factory radio and speakers. Yesterday when I was driving to work I noticed the LED display is not displaying anything! The dimmer still works for the dash/other buttons below the radio, I checked the fuses, they are ok, and it still works otherwise. Anyone else have this issue? It will sure to drive me nuts - No time, no radio station #, can't see device names, etc.

I should also mention that its my second stock radio (My original one had a button not working so it was fixed under warranty over 30k miles ago) I have 62,000 now)

Thanks!

firemangeorge 06-24-2014 02:15 PM

I had one on my 2010 that would partially and sometimes totally lose the display. Had it replaced under warranty.

When it 1st started doing this, I found that a sharp finger thump on the volume knob would bring back the display for a while. :lol: Must have been some type of bad connection internally.

Other than the caveman approach, I got nothing else to add.

ChevroletCustomerService 06-24-2014 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by WohooTheWOO (Post 750881)
Hi Guys! I have a 09 LT with factory radio and speakers. Yesterday when I was driving to work I noticed the LED display is not displaying anything! The dimmer still works for the dash/other buttons below the radio, I checked the fuses, they are ok, and it still works otherwise. Anyone else have this issue? It will sure to drive me nuts - No time, no radio station #, can't see device names, etc.

I should also mention that its my second stock radio (My original one had a button not working so it was fixed under warranty over 30k miles ago) I have 62,000 now)

Thanks!

'

Hey there,

I apologize for this. If you decide to consider taking your vehicle into a dealership, I would be happy to assist you with this. I'm just a private message away!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

WohooTheWOO 06-25-2014 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService (Post 750893)
'

Hey there,

I apologize for this. If you decide to consider taking your vehicle into a dealership, I would be happy to assist you with this. I'm just a private message away!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks for the help! I may ask when I get my ignition switch fixed under recall soon and see. I may also replace it altogether (I want to add subs). I was hoping it was just a dumb thing such as "you pressed the button, turn it back on!"

ChevroletCustomerService 06-25-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by WohooTheWOO (Post 750940)
Thanks for the help! I may ask when I get my ignition switch fixed under recall soon and see. I may also replace it altogether (I want to add subs). I was hoping it was just a dumb thing such as "you pressed the button, turn it back on!"

Hey there,

Not a problem! I'm happy to provide any assistance. Feel free to share any updates or feedback regarding your ignition switch repair. We appreciate any concerns or comments that you may have.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

WohooTheWOO 06-26-2014 06:52 AM

Fixed?

I have determined that my car is just possessed, the stereo is back as normal this morning!

firemangeorge 06-26-2014 07:27 AM

:lol:
The day I showed up at the dealer to have mine replaced under warranty, it was working normally.
Luckily, I had snapped some pics with my phone when it was haywire. One of the service writers is a good friend so he didn't have a problem warrantying it. Said the pictures were a good idea.