Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

My Factory Stereo LED Burned Out - Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:34 PM

My Factory Stereo LED Burned Out - Help?

Hi Guys! I have a 09 LT with factory radio and speakers. Yesterday when I was driving to work I noticed the LED display is not displaying anything! The dimmer still works for the dash/other buttons below the radio, I checked the fuses, they are ok, and it still works otherwise. Anyone else have this issue? It will sure to drive me nuts - No time, no radio station #, can't see device names, etc.

I should also mention that its my second stock radio (My original one had a button not working so it was fixed under warranty over 30k miles ago) I have 62,000 now)

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member

I had one on my 2010 that would partially and sometimes totally lose the display. Had it replaced under warranty.

When it 1st started doing this, I found that a sharp finger thump on the volume knob would bring back the display for a while. Must have been some type of bad connection internally.

Other than the caveman approach, I got nothing else to add.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by WohooTheWOO
Hi Guys! I have a 09 LT with factory radio and speakers. Yesterday when I was driving to work I noticed the LED display is not displaying anything! The dimmer still works for the dash/other buttons below the radio, I checked the fuses, they are ok, and it still works otherwise. Anyone else have this issue? It will sure to drive me nuts - No time, no radio station #, can't see device names, etc.

I should also mention that its my second stock radio (My original one had a button not working so it was fixed under warranty over 30k miles ago) I have 62,000 now)

Thanks!
'

Hey there,

I apologize for this. If you decide to consider taking your vehicle into a dealership, I would be happy to assist you with this. I'm just a private message away!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-25-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
'

Hey there,

I apologize for this. If you decide to consider taking your vehicle into a dealership, I would be happy to assist you with this. I'm just a private message away!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks for the help! I may ask when I get my ignition switch fixed under recall soon and see. I may also replace it altogether (I want to add subs). I was hoping it was just a dumb thing such as "you pressed the button, turn it back on!"
Old 06-25-2014, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by WohooTheWOO
Thanks for the help! I may ask when I get my ignition switch fixed under recall soon and see. I may also replace it altogether (I want to add subs). I was hoping it was just a dumb thing such as "you pressed the button, turn it back on!"
Hey there,

Not a problem! I'm happy to provide any assistance. Feel free to share any updates or feedback regarding your ignition switch repair. We appreciate any concerns or comments that you may have.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-26-2014, 06:52 AM

Fixed?

I have determined that my car is just possessed, the stereo is back as normal this morning!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member

The day I showed up at the dealer to have mine replaced under warranty, it was working normally.
Luckily, I had snapped some pics with my phone when it was haywire. One of the service writers is a good friend so he didn't have a problem warrantying it. Said the pictures were a good idea.