Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Need Help!!! Factory amp hookup install??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:10 AM

Need Help!!! Factory amp hookup install??

Well I did the hook up to the factory amp and I am having some problems. I did all the hook ups right as far as brown/brown white for left and dark blue/tan for right low outputs. Pink for remote on pin 8. I double checked everything!!! Im getting a loud high pitched noise through all speakers when I turned the car/radio on. This noise stayed on when i shut car off till amp powered down. I tried two amps and same thing. I can get it to work through the right input but it sound like crap. The sub is trying to play the highs too. still i plug the left in and this super loud high pitched noise. Any help would be great. I forgot to tell you what im using... Old Rockford fosgate punch 100 and I tried a 200ix also. there is the cross over that you can flip from hp to lp and I did put them on low. I have a old kenwood amp I might try tonight. I dont think it the amps doing this. I also dont like the fact that the amp turns on when you put the key in the car.. I might have to take the TV out of my GTP and change the rest of the speakers and everything else out. This is frustrating!!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:46 PM

come on people, help a brother out!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:25 PM

I have the same, and what i noticed is that those low inputs wires(brown,green, yellow.......) have +voltage, to be exact 6 volts.,so when you conect those to your RCA cables is a short circuit!! I dont think you are supossed to have voltage on the low input wires, check that out, hope somebody can help!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by waterdog111
I have the same, and what i noticed is that those low inputs wires(brown,green, yellow.......) have +voltage, to be exact 6 volts.,so when you conect those to your RCA cables is a short circuit!! I dont think you are supossed to have voltage on the low input wires, check that out, hope somebody can help!!!!
I guess im going to try a line level to rca converter like others on the site. I can beleve others have not had this problem. I leave work in 10 min and nobody else has any input yet. I will let you know what happens tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 PM

Just saw this, but the reason others don't have this problem is probably because most others have used the line level converters. Got mine at walmart and it was a snap...no problems here. I kept the stock amp running the door speakers, and a kicker running the 8" shallow mount kicker in the stock location. Sound is great...infinities in the doors by the way.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:50 PM

There is a thread on this problem...yes line converters were needed....
Old 01-22-2010, 12:41 PM

Yep I figured it out too. I bought one yesterday and hooked it up and no problems!!!