Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

New B 2 HHR DID SEARCH not new to fourms

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:28 PM

Question New B 2 HHR DID SEARCH not new to fourms

OK i tried the search button did not find anything. I just bought my 2006 2LT HHR. Well here are my questions:

(1)First location of stock amp to the "sub"
(2) Cubic size of sub "encoulser" and depth
(3) Can i and another sub next to it on that side (8")
(4) is the wiring a b!t@* ( i ask this because i used to own a firebird with the moonsoon system and i had to re-run all the wires since it wasn't as simple as a positive and negative.
(5) adding 2 amps to stock deck ( i know i need a pac i beileve right? i know we were able to do them on firebirds)
(6) is there a write up on getting through the firewall with out drilling

FIRST i am not new to stereos i can do the work my self no help needed. I dont want to make a mess on my brand new car. I also rather use the factory deck i know aftermarket is better but i would rather use stock?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by upOnGamE
(1)First location of stock amp to the "sub"
Attached to the sub box
Name:  Picture189.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  52.3 KB
(2) Cubic size of sub "encoulser" and depth
Really small! I would guess about .25-.35 because of the odd shape and size. 3 1/2 inches deep. I had to add a spacer ring and cut out the factory grille to install an aftermarket sub.
(3) Can i and another sub next to it on that side (8")
Hell no!
(4) is the wiring a b!t@* ( i ask this because i used to own a firebird with the moonsoon system and i had to re-run all the wires since it wasn't as simple as a positive and negative.
The easiest factory system I have ever seen.
(5) adding 2 amps to stock deck ( i know i need a pac i beileve right? i know we were able to do them on firebirds)
You could put an amp per speaker if you really wanted to. Right now I am using the factory amp to drive my door speakers and a seperate afermarket amp to drive my sub. BTW I'm not using the the factory sub box because it is so small it's not really worth it if you want real bass. I have a single 12" in a sealed down firing box I built.
(6) is there a write up on getting through the firewall with out drilling
You don't need to go through the firewall to upgrade your stereo. Your battery is in the back hatch next to your spare.
Name:  thegirls013.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  48.7 KB

Last edited by captain howdy; 07-02-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:59 PM

That's one of the best reply's I've seen in awhile, nice job CH

Ng
Old 07-02-2006, 01:08 PM

Thanks

Well ok then i will have to think of another way to get bass. I dont want another huge box in my little trunk. I delt with that in the firebird. First thank you, second do you have a picture were the panel in front of the sub is taken off i really want to see what i can work with on that side. Can you think of somewhere else and i dont want much bass only like 2 8" subs. I had 2 12" JLW3 V series in my firebird and WOW. Still got em dont want to use them though. How many watts is the factory amp?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Banned

Well ok then i will have to think of another way to get bass. I dont want another huge box in my little trunk. I delt with that in the firebird. First thank you, second do you have a picture were the panel in front of the sub is taken off i really want to see what i can work with on that side. Can you think of somewhere else and i dont want much bass only like 2 8" subs. I had 2 12" JLW3 V series in my firebird and WOW. Still got em dont want to use them though. How many watts is the factory amp?
Like this?
Name:  Picture232.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  46.4 KB
or this?
Name:  Picture190.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  55.3 KB
The box you see is all you have to work with. It fills the entire rear section on that side. What you see is what there is. The factory amp is weak! 260 watts peak. I would suggest using a box and taking it out when you need the room. That's why I left my 8" after I added the box. If I have to take my box out I can hook the 8" back up so I can at least have a little bass.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:44 PM

Wow ok thanks alot man. The second one is what i wanted. 260 watts i can run to my back componets saves me buying a amp. So i just might go with this sub then http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=15613 what you think? i want a little more then it has. i Mean i still have 2 12" JLs and A 900 watt rock ford for my subs and a 4 ch alpine. But tell me what you think about that sub. Also you said spacers? sorry little help on that i THINK i know what you are talking about but then i dont know?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:50 PM

ask cj what he did, he had some help from me on some of that stuff, but he is running 3 amps of the stock hu. he had some minor problems here and there but i think we got everything worked out, well i guess i should say he got everything worked out.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Banned

Also you said spacers? sorry little help on that i THINK i know what you are talking about but then i dont know?
http://www.subbox.net/store/product.php?productid=110 I made my own but that gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:53 PM

WOW nice job Capt. Did you hit your head or something? That was just a stright forward post from you. I had to go back a see who posted it again
Old 07-02-2006, 08:58 PM

Impressive CH excellent stereo info. EDIT: He'll want the link to the LT wiring diagrams.

Quick Reply: New B 2 HHR DID SEARCH not new to fourms