Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

new work HHR, simple audio upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:21 PM

new work HHR, simple audio upgrades

I am getting my new '09 HHR in a few weeks from my work. As I mentioned before we can also use it as our personal vehicle and since I spend so much time in it I was thinking of upgrading the stock 6 1/2" speakers with some 2-way Pioneers or something. I'm sure the opinions on replacement speakers are as common as a**holes but if there are any particular brands that stand out without being amplified let me know. Obviously I know they all work best with an amp but I'm not wanting to go through all that hassle. Just want a little better sound.

Also, my new one comes with the factory XM. I have been a long time Sirius subscriber but may switch to XM with the Best of Sirius package (gotta have Howard 100) so I can still use the factory HU and do away with my Starmate. How do you all like the XM functions on the factory HU? Does it show names, titles, etc? Do the '09s (mine will be a base LS HHR) come with RDS during regular FM listening? I may eventually swap in a nicer aftermarket HU but not right now. Everything has to be fairly easy to swap in and out because we are provided with a new car every two years or so. I drive 3K-4K a month so it doesn't bother me to pay the satellite radio bill.

Thanks for the help!