Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

No phone calls on Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 01:38 AM

No phone calls on Bluetooth

Greetings! I have a 2008 HHR and I didn't start having this issue until I switched from an android to an iPhone. The problem is that I can't talk hands free in the car!!! The phone rings through the car's speakers but once I answer the call, the sound stays on the phone only. Any advice is welcome and thanks in advance
Old 09-30-2016, 01:47 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum.

Since it worked with Android, and doesn't work on the white phone, I'd suspect the phone. If you are unfamiliar with the settings, you might have to contact one of the Apple so-called geniuses, or browse a forum dedicated to the brand of phone.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:35 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.

Did you pair up the new phone to your car's Bluetooth system ? If not, the system may still be recognizing the old phone.
All the Bluetooth details are covered in your owners manual. If you don't have a manual, they are available on this site for download.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:53 AM
Administrator

You will need to pair the IPhone to the car, the system in your car may not be up to date and compatible with your IPhone.
IOS10 system update came out today, update your iPhone, then try again to pair it to your car
Old 09-30-2016, 11:12 AM

Phone calls

Ooops! Modern technology really isn't my thing as you can probably see, but thanks for responding! I'm still learning how to use this phone but I've tried pressing the button on the steering wheel while car is on and nothing happens. The phone rings through the car speakers but nothing else. I'm going to keep working with it until i get it back like it was. Thanks much for your input. I noticed my bluetooth was off after i remember turning it on so i will see shortly if that will resolve it since i turned it back on. Thanks again [QUOTE=firemangeorge;811978]Welcome to the site.

Did you pair up the new phone to your car's Bluetooth system ? If not, the system may still be recognizing the old phone.
All the Bluetooth details are covered in your owners manual. If you don't have a manual, they are available on this site for download.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-30-2016, 11:15 AM

Update

Originally Posted by Oldblue
You will need to pair the IPhone to the car, the system in your car may not be up to date and compatible with your IPhone.
IOS10 system update came out today, update your iPhone, then try again to pair it to your car
Thank you! It's been updated.