Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Pioneer Amp Location?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 AM

Pioneer Amp Location?

Newbie HHR owner here as of last Thursday. This is such a great vehicle and even more wonderful that I found these forums to answer a lot of questions that I might have..

I am considering installing a set of Aura bass shakers under the two front seats and need to know where the Pioneer amp is loacted.

I saw a post here in the Audio forum from HHRNut that he found the Low Line level wires on connector C3 but he didn't say where this amp was located. I sent him an email earlier this week but haven't heard back yet so I thought I would pick you guys brains for an answer as I might tackle this project this weekend.

Any help as to where this amp is located in the vehicle?

Thanks for any help and all the great topics and ideas that you guys share!

Rick Cathey
Old 05-04-2007, 08:56 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 4015
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Banned

Attached to the subwoofer box under the interior panels behind your drivers side rear wheel well.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:42 AM

Thanks Hillsdale for the welcome and Captain for the amp location.
I hope the back panels are easy to remove and it doesn't take an act of Congress to get to it...LOL

Thanks again guys!
Rick
Old 05-04-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by rickcathey
Thanks Hillsdale for the welcome and Captain for the amp location.
I hope the back panels are easy to remove and it doesn't take an act of Congress to get to it...LOL

Thanks again guys!
Rick
Name:  view-welcome-mat.jpg
Views: 4134
Size:  13.4 KB

It's not that bad. Search in the audio/video threads and you'll find a great how-to that Capt. did when he switched out his sub. I used it when i did mine and it saved me a lot of grief!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

Now that I'm home I can post pics.

Behind this panel:
Name:  Picture217.jpg
Views: 8373
Size:  49.9 KB
Attached right to the box:
Name:  Picture189.jpg
Views: 5019
Size:  52.3 KB

I have an Aura bass shaker that I bought a couple of years back to rumble my Neo-Geo arcade cabinet kind of like a rumble controller but never hooked it up. I thought it would be cool to feel the hits in the sticks while playing fighting games like the Samurai Showdown series and stuff like that. How well do they work? I still might hook it up someday but it's really low on my priority list.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:30 AM

Captain,

Thanks for the pics and info you supplied.. I had two shakers in a Pontiac Transport I owned before along with two Infinity 12" subs and they were great. I have 6 shakers in my seats in my living room to compliment my two SVS 20-39PC-Plus subs. They are a MUST for home theater setup and I can highly recommend installing them. They aren't much good by themselves but they really compliment a nice sub install.

Thanks again..
Rick
Old 05-05-2007, 11:09 PM

Well the bass shakers idea is out for the front seats. Looked under the drivers seat and WAY too many electrical connections under there to even think about having room for them. Same with the passenger seat.

Oh well I guess I will just have to decide on whether to install a 10" sub in the stock sub box and take out the 8 or to install one of my Infinity 12"ers in it's box just sitting in the back. I hate to loose the cargo space but really enjoy a little more punch than what the stock 8 gives..

Any of you guys had success putting a 10" in the stock sub box? If so, was it better enough to justify all the effort? I would hate to install one and it not be much better than what was there..

I wish Chevy would have went ahead and did that as a 10 wouldn't have to work quite as hard as the 8. Then that would have gotten us closer to being able to squeeze in a 12...LOL We just aren't ever saisfied are we

Rick
Old 05-06-2007, 11:58 AM

I read about someone installing a 10 inch inside the stock box and with sound proofing he said he got pretty good bass. I am looking to do something like that. I have an aftermarket head using the factory amp and an additional amp for my 10 inch sub in a tube. I get great bass, but need a cleaner amp for my head, and hate the space the tube takes up. I also plan on trying my head amp first, then if it does not have the db's, use another separate amp. My sub amp, by the way, is located in the bottom compartment next to the battery in front of the spare tire.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lee3333
I read about someone installing a 10 inch inside the stock box and with sound proofing he said he got pretty good bass.
I personally don't see how. That box is tiny. That is part of why I built a different box. I tried the replace the stock sub with an aftermarket 8" and put it on it's own amp route but I was totally dissatisfied. The sub keeps falling flat on it's face not because of the sub itself or the amp but because of how tiny the box is. If I put the same amp/sub combo in a larger box it bumps like a mofo. If I put it back in the dinky factory box I can only turn the gain up a tiny notch and it hardly bumps at all. IMO there definitely isn't enough room for a 10" in that tiny thing if you want it to sound good and bump. Of course someone is going to say their 10" sounds good because you're not actually standing there listening and they don't want to say, "It sounds like crap and the factory 8" produced more bump."

Quick Reply: Pioneer Amp Location?