Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Pioneer DEH-P7800MP

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:44 PM

My Dealer called me up yesterday, they now have the wire harnesses for the HHR
I go in Tuesday to get my Z1 installed
Old 06-16-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by cschhr06
well, i spoke with my local dealership this morning and the service manager said with the GM computer system, you MUST install the LAN adaptor if you put in an aftermarket head unit, he said you lose the things we have spoke about (door,lowfuel chimes PLUS the drivers airbag operation !! he said that if you install an aftermarket head unit without the LAN adaptor the computer senses there are NO passangers in the passanger seat and WILL NOT deploy the airbag on impact...... man would i feel like a total POS if my wife were in the passanger seat and we were in an accident.
I think that your dealer is full of poop. The passanger airbag is activated on a pressure switch that is installed in the front passanger seat. If there is less than 40 lbs on the seat it is turned off. If there is more than 40 lbs then the airbag is turned on. one way you can tested this, which i have done, is watch the airbag light that is in the middle of the dash, between the dimmer switch and the spot where the fog light button is/or should be. as for the chimes who needs that crap at all.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by cschhr06
ya most places have went to just plain say "no we cant install an after market unit in your car" cause of GM's low speed computer something or another. and if they do my check engine lights will come on and will screw stuff up......but they cant seem to give me specifics.... grrrrrrrrr

i just want to go to bestbuy,circuit city and have an aftermarket HU installed !! and drive out an hour later and not have to worry about my car going buzzerk

thanks guys for all your help !
all completly full of crap. i have had my HU installed for over 2 months and Mike, socals, has had his installed for longer than that. I have no problems program my DIC, and the only thing i lost was those damn annoying chimes, period, end of story.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by jaydogg
all completly full of crap. i have had my HU installed for over 2 months and Mike, socals, has had his installed for longer than that. I have no problems program my DIC, and the only thing i lost was those damn annoying chimes, period, end of story.

I like the idea of losing the chimes!
Hey, do we lose the redundant volume controls etc that are on the steering wheel with this HU? Or are these controls just something one must sacrifice for the greater good? I really like'em.........
Old 06-16-2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
I like the idea of losing the chimes!
Hey, do we lose the redundant volume controls etc that are on the steering wheel with this HU? Or are these controls just something one must sacrifice for the greater good? I really like'em.........
yes you will unless you get an adapter for it. There is a pax unit posted in one of these threads that will work give me a sec and i will find it.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tokyo
The PAC SWIX interface will indeed work with your redundant wheel controls.
This is from another thread.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by jaydogg
This is from another thread.
Thanks. This will be a good addition to any setup where one has the controls in their steering wheel.

I mean there are threads here about ADDING these controls, so a lot of us do like having them. Thanks again.