Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Question About PAC GM Radio Integration Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 PM

Question About PAC GM Radio Integration Adapter

I was just over at the Crutchfield website shopping for an aftermarket stereo for my 2007 HHR LS. According to information there, the adapter mentioned in the title of my posting is required when replacing factory stereos in certain GM vehicles (including certain HHR's) in order to retain the warning chime functions important to the vehicle.

The picture of the adapter shows two wired connectors with no connectors on the opposite ends. It seems to imply that the installer must dress, land, solder, or add crimp connectors to the unfinished ends of the adapter assemblies.

Anyone have experience with these adapters?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 PM

I bought 1 gonna installs hopefully this weekend ill post pics of install
Old 06-30-2013, 10:47 AM

What if the adapter isn't used?
I know the chimes won't work, but what about everything else?
Will it screw anything up? Chimes aren't important to me.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 PM

The shop I bought my Pioneer X950BH head unit said it would not work without the "interface module" and possibly the car would not even run??!! On mine there are two plugs that connect to the two HHR stereo plugs and then three female plugs in the unit that the stereo plugs into along with the colored wires that have to be soldered together. With the module chimes work, rear amp works, steering wheel controls work and I am a happy boy!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 PM

You will most certainty need a few items for the head unit install ... It is utmost important and highly recommended. Not going to say it is impossible... But the work has been done for you by engineers by creating these vehicle specific interfaces.... You buy the kit you need will all of the items listed below . It is a package ( line item 5 ) that has everything included... The folks at Crutch field will set you up with the correct items . If you are going to have this item installed . Buy it from your installer. If there is a problem , it is his or her problem to solve. The parts are a little high at $150.00 to $200.00 , but it is a must ..
My head unit and alarm installer uses metra for install interfaces . I will post a link for you .
It is vehicle specific , enter you info and your factory audio package ..
Greg

http://www.metraonline.com/
(1) Antenna adapter
(2) Steering Wheel and chime interface ..... ASWC-1
(3) Dash Kit single or Double din
(4) XM Radio Interface ( factory option )
(5) OnStar interface package and chime retention ...Stock No. GMOS-LAN-034

GM onstar and chime retention module.

Product Details

The GMOS-LAN-034 is designed to retain Onstar and to retain warning chimes that are normally lost when OEM radio is removed. It also provides a 12 volt accessory output for aftermarket radio operation. The GMOS-LAN-034 also provides a mute/parking brake/ vss or speed sense and a reverse output to make installing an aftermarket navigation radio simple and less time consuming.The GMOS- LAN-034 works in both amplified and non amplified systems.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by kornellred
I was just over at the Crutchfield website shopping for an aftermarket stereo for my 2007 HHR LS. According to information there, the adapter mentioned in the title of my posting is required when replacing factory stereos in certain GM vehicles (including certain HHR's) in order to retain the warning chime functions important to the vehicle.

The picture of the adapter shows two wired connectors with no connectors on the opposite ends. It seems to imply that the installer must dress, land, solder, or add crimp connectors to the unfinished ends of the adapter assemblies.

Anyone have experience with these adapters?
Like a few have already mentioned, You do need an adapter. I myself went with the GMOS-LAN-03 adapter since others on the forum talked about it. that will retain all chimes. One end connects to the two car wire harnesses, and the other end connects to the wires of the aftermarket head unit (which I soldered).

If you have steering wheel controls, or plan on installing them get the AXXIS AWSC-1 adapter. It plugs into the additional connector on the GMOS-LAN-03. Once you connect the 1/8" to the W/R input on the aftermarket HU, it will automatically program itself (at least it did for me).

Also, don't forget you will need the antenna adapter (40-CR10). It will say it's for chrysler, but it's the correct adapter.

Finally, if you search the forums, you'll see others discussing cutting part of the plastic backing in the center console. I highly recommend cutting the bottom out to make room for the aftermarket wires, and GMOS-LAN-03.