Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

SS with USB port, Ipod not supported???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM

SS with USB port, Ipod not supported???

I have an 09 SS and it has the premium stereo with the usb port on front of the head unit. When I hook up my Ipod it tells me it failed to load the device and the only way I can get it to play is by hitting cd/aux but I dont get my folders such as playlists and what not. I have a 30GB U2 edition color Ipod. It's older but I thought it should support it. I also have a Creative Zen and it doesn't recognize it at all through the USB.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 PM

Only way I have gotten mine to work is through the CD/Aux button, and then it just plays whatever playlist you have going (I just go to shuffle in songs), and you can randomize it from there or whatever, but it does suck that you can't just control it through the IPOD. Also, I have movies on mine, and I can't play the sound through the car stereo, only music.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:57 PM

That sucks. Anyone have a work around?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by wraunch
I have an 09 SS and it has the premium stereo with the usb port on front of the head unit. When I hook up my Ipod it tells me it failed to load the device and the only way I can get it to play is by hitting cd/aux but I dont get my folders such as playlists and what not. I have a 30GB U2 edition color Ipod. It's older but I thought it should support it. I also have a Creative Zen and it doesn't recognize it at all through the USB.
I suggest you read the TSB posted by ChevyMgr about this issue.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...t=23231&page=4
Old 04-26-2009, 07:48 AM

Ok, so I looked at the TSB and based on that my
iPod with Click Wheel (20 GB U2 Special Edition) should work, BUT it doesn't, now back to my previous question. What work arounds are there?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:16 PM

Do you have the latest firmware upgrade for your Ipod? Maybe this could fix the problem. My 02 cents
Old 04-26-2009, 07:58 PM

I just did that, we'll see what happens
Old 04-26-2009, 08:17 PM

Red face I don't know,

I think that TSB only deals with the '06-'08 using the PAL.
I don't use an IPod, but I have these issues with my flash drive in the USB port. As it is right now it plays artists in alphabetical order with the songs also in alphabetical order under each artist. I also can't scan through to where I want. It is just hit the seek button a few dozen times to get to what I want to listen to. And, the drive holds 406 songs.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:20 AM

Has anyone hacked the PAL link to make it work properly? I'm getting really frustrated that GM says oh yeah it works with any IPOD, but mine has current firmware and DOESNT work. I know someone has to have a work around, other than going to get a Pioneer AVIC to throw in there.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:25 PM

Not sure about why the Ipod doesn't work but for a work around just use the aux port on the left side. The only mp3 player the usb port supports is the ipod. I was trying to get my zune to work and then read that it is ipod only in the manual. Quit using the zune as I would forget to shut it off and it would die. My ipod gets charged while plugged into the usb port so no dead player when i get into the car. I also use the usb port to charge my garmin and just keep it in the upper dash box while open and driving. No stupid gps holder on the window or ring left when removed.

Quick Reply: SS with USB port, Ipod not supported???